Help! Dont Know What Is Wrong With My Slr Camera

*Heidi*

I have a Pentax k100d, ok now i know thats not the best camera in the world but

I am hoping someone here, as you all love photography (I do to, just not that good at it LOL) knows what the issue with my camera is.

Over a year ago I was at my nephews party and took a LOT of photos, but towards the end of the day, the camera had a message that said something like "photo cant be stored" I cant remember the exact words.

When we got home and took the photos off the card, i had taken 200 or so shots but only the first 30 or so would show up on the computer and the last one to show up only came as half a photo like this

021-3.jpg

Then others although a jpg file is there shows nothing.

Well i thought it was a one off thing, maybe the batteries were very flat and that was that, but next time i used it the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!

I got new batteries and a new SD card thinking maybe it was the card and it still did it, so upgraded the firmware and it still did not help, i used to be able to take a few photos before it happened but now it happens very quickly.

Dont know what the problem is. Any ideas?????

Also wondering if the Sigma lenses i have for this (which are 18-55 & a 55-200mm) will fit on a Canon if i have to get a new camera

My first guess is a corrupt card.

But you said you've put in a new card.

My second guess would be a firmware problem, but you said you've updated that.

So, I would do a hard reset on your camera - you'll need to read the manual or get online to find out how - and then start over with a fresh set of batteries and a card that you know works.

If you are still getting this error, it's off to the camera doctor, me thinks.

no, your lens will not fit because it is a pentax mount and it needs to be a canon mount :laugh: