Treat Pouches

Can anyone please recommend a good practical treat pouch for training and include where I can buy from online?

I have a Black Dog brand one and its really annoying me, the snap shut top is stiff and hard to open and then snaps shut with the slightest touch, quite forcefully. Its very distracting.

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a bum bag from a cheapo shop and sling it round to my back and leave the zip open so its easy to dive my hand in. For most training I try to use a vest with pockets but that's a bit hard in the height of summer!

If you put a butter/margarine container inside the bum bag it holds it open much better and is easier to clean :laugh:

I'm after a vest for summer and plan on checking out outdoor stores and fishing shops when I get time :laugh:

I use a bum bag from a cheapo shop and sling it round to my back and leave the zip open so its easy to dive my hand in. For most training I try to use a vest with pockets but that's a bit hard in the height of summer!

If you put a butter/margarine container inside the bum bag it holds it open much better and is easier to clean :laugh:

I'm after a vest for summer and plan on checking out outdoor stores and fishing shops when I get time :laugh:

The American hunting suppliers have the best stuff, especially for warm weather. With the exchange rate you could probably buy 10 for AUD$1!

Do you have a link Aiden? Not that I need to spend anymore money on dog stuff but..... :)

The American hunting suppliers have the best stuff, especially for warm weather. With the exchange rate you could probably buy 10 for AUD$1!

I use a rock climbing chalk bag attached to my belt loop with a carabiner (treats inside a zip lock bag). Can't say that it was a very cheap option though, but I love to carry STACKS of treats and it's easy access for my large hands!

I find that bum bags are more popular at my local agility club than especially made treat pouches. I got a treat pouch off ebay but ended up switcing to a doog bum bag from pet barn. It cost me $35, but it's really good, it has two pockets at the front, one of them has a zip (I use that one for treats) it also has one small pocket on each side, which are especially for the anti septic wipes and poo bags that come with it, but can be used for anything, and it also has a snap hook on one side which I use for the clicker (I think it's intended for a lead), and it has a different type of attachment thing on the other side which I use for the other clicker for the other dog (it's supposed to be for your phone, but I'm not sure how they intended it to work).

Edited by fuzzy82

Have you tried putting vaseline on the hinges of the black dog pouch ?? mine went a bit like that but is fine now :D

I have one of these black dog pouches & even after putting vaseline on the hinges, it still snaps shut on my fingers :thumbsup: Doesn't actually hurt but is very off putting & now my dog knows in advance that I am getting the treat ready as she can feel my whole body tensing against the "snap" I prefer to use the pocket of my trousers but then they get a bit smelly.

Do you have a link Aiden? Not that I need to spend anymore money on dog stuff but..... :D

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/clot...Y_SEQ_104058180

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clothing/Wo...WTz_stype%3DGNP

http://www.gundogsupply.com/game-totes-and...e-lanyards.html

http://www.gundogsupply.com/mother.html

Some of that stuff ^ may look a bit too obviously like hunting gear to wear around town, but it has plenty of pockets :thumbsup:

Have you tried putting vaseline on the hinges of the black dog pouch ?? mine went a bit like that but is fine now :D

I have one of these black dog pouches & even after putting vaseline on the hinges, it still snaps shut on my fingers :thumbsup: Doesn't actually hurt but is very off putting & now my dog knows in advance that I am getting the treat ready as she can feel my whole body tensing against the "snap" I prefer to use the pocket of my trousers but then they get a bit smelly.

The hinges on the blackdog pouches do need oiling occasionally, sewing machine oil (1 drop) or olive oil is probably better than vaseline.

If you are having other problems then just give them a call or email them, they do replacement hinges and I'm absolutely positive they would be happy to work out something if you are unhappy with their product. :D If they don't know they can't help you.

Thanks Aidan :rofl: Some of these are seriously scary!!!! :( There are a couple of women's vests that I think I'll try (but only for dog training I think! :( )

Do you have a link Aiden? Not that I need to spend anymore money on dog stuff but..... :rofl:

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/clot...Y_SEQ_104058180

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clothing/Wo...WTz_stype%3DGNP

http://www.gundogsupply.com/game-totes-and...e-lanyards.html

http://www.gundogsupply.com/mother.html

Some of that stuff ^ may look a bit too obviously like hunting gear to wear around town, but it has plenty of pockets :(

Have you tried putting vaseline on the hinges of the black dog pouch ?? mine went a bit like that but is fine now :laugh:

The hinges on the blackdog pouches do need oiling occasionally, sewing machine oil (1 drop) or olive oil is probably better than vaseline.

If you are having other problems then just give them a call or email them, they do replacement hinges and I'm absolutely positive they would be happy to work out something if you are unhappy with their product. :curtsey: If they don't know they can't help you.

Though be warned, they aren't always polite about it. I sent in a complaint about my hinges that just are not up to standard even though I oil them, and also tried vaseline. And though I did get replacement hinges, the man emailing me was incredibly rude. I asked what would make these hinges better than the last lot? Was there anything I can do?

His reply was something like "if they don't work, don't think you're going to get more freebies!". I did not email him asking for "Freebies", I just wanted to know why my hinges kept bending.

I won't be dealing with them again after that.

<His reply was something like "if they don't work, don't think you're going to get more freebies!". I did not email him asking for "Freebies", I just wanted to know why my hinges kept bending.

I won't be dealing with them again after that. >

Wow great customer service - NOT! :thumbsup: