I Am Such A Dog Whore!

lanabanana

I have been following some of the threads over the last few days, and we already had a 10 breed list we wanted (with our top 3 being "near" future dogs)...but I keep seeing all these gorgeous dogs posted and I want them all.

Man I wish I could just have them all!

lb, totally know what you mean! Being only a recent convert to dogs, I can't believe how much I love them!

I have three breeds on my realistic next dog list ( Pug, Sheltie, Mini Poodle - based on living in this small house) but my maybe one day list just keeps getting longer!

And Parkeyre, Aussie Shepherd is definitely first on my bigger dog list! I'd LOVE one, but won't have one until I can give it the appropriate lifestyle... sigh!

I know the feeling. BC's make my heart thump, as does seeing a nice red and tan kelpie.

There are a lot of breeds I want to own in the future but I'm going to need some more room so I can just live on my own as crazy dog lady. lol

I know the feeling. BC's make my heart thump, as does seeing a nice red and tan kelpie.

:rofl: Like my little monster? :cheer:

vacuum10.jpg

My "wish list" for doggies is: Shiba Inu and Beagle.

I never liked Staffordshire Bull Terriers before DOL but I know have something of hankering because the pups are super cute, some of them grow up to be chunkily, sleek and elegant and they can have lovely natures. OH says absolutely not though. :)

The Kelpie will now always be my favourite dog, though.

Edited by koalathebear

Me too :) But being allergic kind of limits me!

I always want wheatens, but I'd also love a Lagotto. If I'd discovered them before wheatens, I definately would've been tempted. I also adore Norwegian Elkhounds, but think they'd make me sneeze and my eyes water :rofl:

:rofl: Like my little monster? :)

vacuum10.jpg

Thats not even fair. Glad you found the right dog, what breeder did you end up going to?

I'd love to have BC's and kelpies mainly. I don't know which one next but seeing as my current baby isn't even 6 months yet, I have plenty of time to decide. lol

But one day really want a malinois, greyhound,bullmastiff and maybe a borzoi. lol

Edited by busterlove

Tell me about it! I want so many dogs, but I have decided my first will be an Australian Shepherd. I have adored them since I was a girl.

But I have had my phases. I also love Bernese Mountain Dogs, Golden Retrievers, Flat Coated Retrievers, English and Welsh Springer Spaniels, and more recently... Labradors!

I'm a doggy slut myself. so many breeds, so little time...

I honestly can't believe that Italian Spinoni are not more popular, they are very well reepresented in UK and Europe, also Bracco Italiano...

I've loved the look of both those breeds, particularily Bracco's for a while now. But I don't know much about their temperments though, care to share Monah? You have a spinone don't you?

Yep, spin ;)

Spins have fantastic, incredible temps. really excellent.

I dont know of any that dont.

Braccos also are the same, but I only know 2 personally, so cannot say for the whole group, although all the ones I 'know' OS are also fantastic dogs.

easy to train, love to please, love all humans and other animals, love exercise, being gun dogs, but much quieter thatn other gundog breeds such as vizslas, some spaniels etc. More slow and steady than flat out :laugh:

Mollie, yes, wheatens are cute!! I had lakelands and when they were pups people thought they were the kids toys :D really!! they would sit in the pram with the kids in shops etc. and no one realised they were real :rofl::rofl: too cute.

Another dog whore here too :laugh: Thats one of the lovely things fostering has given me, a love and appreciation of so many breeds I never would have known. Wolfhounds for example, not a dog I would have thought to own but now I adore them! Wonderful pooches! I have learnt about LGD's and hope one day to be in a position to own a CAS or Anatolian.

I love experiencing all different dogs through fostering, its been a constant learning curve and always full of heartwarming surprises.

I duno, I think Aussies are some of the cutest pups ever...

5855_1218422220366_1223209651_30649148_472758_n.jpg

62021_1626644625671_1223209651_31747592_7332517_n.jpg

61722_1626645385690_1223209651_31747594_448995_n.jpg

30638_1502729767877_1223209651_31421650_6243080_n.jpg

I also love my terriers though, I would happily have quite a few more Irish and some Bull Terriers too please! Have recently fallen in love with some hounds as well. :laugh: