Pet Friendly Accommodation Sydney Surrounds

J...

I'm travelling from Western Vic to past Newcastle with my two dogs in November and I'm looking for a sleepover spot somewhere around Sydney.

Ideally somewhere around the main highways in and out so I don't have to go far off track to find it.

I'd really like somewhere that the dogs are allowed inside given the amount of time they'll be spending in the car for the trip.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :laugh:

Thanks in advance,

Jess

Put your tent up you big wuss :rofl:

I found one in the Southern Highlands just south of Sydney, it's only $1050 a night..... we could share ! Bargain.

(sorry to hijak your thread but training was cancelled and I'm bored)

Thinking I might have to put the tent up ;) The tent is the easy bit, getting it back in the car will be the challenge. :rofl:

$1050 - that is a total bargain - shame I'll be half a day ahead of you ;)

Seems there is a few places in Sydney itself but Sydney city without a co-pilot or a navman is a bit of a scary thought. Wonder if I can teach Darcy to map read between now and then :)

There were a couple around Bowral/Mittagong when I googled, but not sure if you want to be further ahead than that.

Hopefully someone on here can help.

Think it's going to be the good old Jugiong motel with dog in car for me - have been trying to find something around Goulburn, Yass but no luck for me either so far.

There's one at Berrima (on the Old Hume Highway) I found - probably on stayz or takeabreak - but didn't use - looked OK and Berrima is lovely.

A tip for Sydney - if you're just going through - organize a visitor pass for the M7 motorway - you can do it through RACV - or probably online - quite cheap - and brilliant for bypassing Sydney. Takes out all but a few km of big traffic roads - you do have to do a bit on Pennant Hills Rd/Cumberland Highway between the M2 and the F3 Newcastle freeway - but it'spretty well signposted.

ETA - the Berrima one is on Takeabreak - but has gone up and may be 2 night min. Here's one in Bowral says it is 1 night OK

House in Bowral

Edited by Tassie

There's one at Berrima (on the Old Hume Highway) I found - probably on stayz or takeabreak - but didn't use - looked OK and Berrima is lovely.

A tip for Sydney - if you're just going through - organize a visitor pass for the M7 motorway - you can do it through RACV - or probably online - quite cheap - and brilliant for bypassing Sydney. Takes out all but a few km of big traffic roads - you do have to do a bit on Pennant Hills Rd/Cumberland Highway between the M2 and the F3 Newcastle freeway - but it'spretty well signposted.

ETA - the Berrima one is on Takeabreak - but has gone up and may be 2 night min. Here's one in Bowral says it is 1 night OK

House in Bowral

:offtopic: Thanks Tassie - that one might suit KC a bit better, I'm looking for something a bit further on than that.

Have found one at Penrith which I'm hoping will be available and not too pricey. Looks easy enough to get to.

Does no-one read this section anymore or is there seriously no dog-friendly accommodation around Sydney :vomit:

Elderslie/Camden

Poplar Tourist Park

Own Van/Trailer, on leash/under control

www.poplartouristparkcamden.com.au

[email protected]

Mittagong

Mittagong Caravan Park

1 Old Hume Hwy

on leash/under control, not in cabins

NSW State Forests

camping with your dog in permitted areas

1300655687 or 0298713377

www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/forests

(listings courtesy of holidaying with dogs guide 2010)