Question About Recall

Make it all more fun.

Aussie lover she looks like the kind of dog that might enjoy a tug toy. Walk a bit, reward with tug game. Walk a bit more, a bit more tug. Oh are we at the car already?

Or a front attach harness - that's what I ended up doing. Mine wasn't interested in anything going home. Drag, pull - she did both.

My dog is fine going on the lead and always stands still and doesn't try to run. But she really drags herself home or to the car.

Sometimes she will refuse to move! I think she is just tesing me, so after encouraging her in a happy voice i tug on the lead and she seems to reluctantly come and realise that there is no other choice. And she gives me a really depressed look

Any tips?

Ignore the Oscar winning acting performance and proceed as normal. :p

praising her like crazy is a rewards it self... :laugh:

thats the only rewards I give Charlie and Emmy when they come over now is praise, cuddles and pats... only sometimes I bring out the food or tug toy (that's when we are in a new surrounding and new environment, and i need to do something to make sure that what i have is better then the new distractions).

My dog is fine going on the lead and always stands still and doesn't try to run. But she really drags herself home or to the car.

Sometimes she will refuse to move! I think she is just tesing me, so after encouraging her in a happy voice i tug on the lead and she seems to reluctantly come and realise that there is no other choice. And she gives me a really depressed look

Any tips?

Ignore the Oscar winning acting performance and proceed as normal. :laugh:

:thumbsup::laugh: :laugh:

one of her friends is absolutely terrible (another black lab) and the owner can't even get her to move at all ;) the other day i had to give them treats to bribe the dog home with :laugh:

Mrs RB: she will move for food or a tug/ball/toy but i kind of feel like i shouldn't have to bribe her to come home, i mean its not like she lives at the pound or anything LOL

Aussielover

But clearly in that moment - she'd rather live at the park.

What about random bribes ie sometimes she gets a treat for going back to the car and sometimes she doesn't. Apparently we work harder when we don't know if or when the reward is coming ie sometimes it comes soon and sometimes it takes a while - than if we know that every time or every second time or every 100 times we'll get something. Pokie programmers know this.