Dog Trailer

Gumnut

Wow, thanks for the responses from everyone, you have all been very helpful.

We were just talking about the flooring and he has decided to go with a metal floor with rubber on it the same as in the horsefloat, he also has an idea of putting a thin door along the very bottom at the back of the trailer so it can be hosed out and the water can escape through the open door ( I hope that makes sense).

What exactly are wardrobes? Are they more like storage compartments?

Marinapoint, thanks for the tips :laugh:

Can never have enough storage compartments. My trailer has a storage area in the front as well as a storage area in the middle between the berths running the width of the trailer. We also have a carrier on the front for trolleys but also had a huge box made up underneath the front of the trailer for cages and other stuff. It sits low but has never scrapped on anything. Has drop down doors on each side.

We found that although there are a few trailers around with wardrobes they never seem tall enough for us to get a forth berth trolley into.

The way our trailer is setup everything we need for shows such as 2 gazebos inc sides, trolleys inc covers and bedding, chairs, umbrellas and stakes, cage fans, water containers etc are all packed in it. None of the dog stuff gets packed in the car. This way its always packed in for when we need it. Thus we can chose at the last minute which car to take away and all the dog stuff is sorted out.

My hubby builds dog trailers,to big motor homes, off raod vans etc. He built me the best trailer. As I have Newf I needed large berths and good insulation. Outside is fully fibrglass and looks a bit like a caravan style trailer.the internal walls and ceiling are insulated fiberglass, floor is a product called filmed ply. My internal mesh walls can change from 2 or 4 berth with a large wardrobe to fit gazebo and lots of stuff (this can be used as 1 lmedium or 2 smaller additional berths but entry doors are smaller)I also have a large build in frount storage boot that also has a side door that you can slide crates in. Open one wardrobe door a sink and small bench, water pump and undercariage water tank, In the frount boot is a battery set up that runs internal lights and water pump and ready for an aircon to be added. Outer doors have a solid opening panel with a security mesh inner door inside.

I will take some photos soon

I sooo want to see pics of this!!