Very Reactive Dog After Being Attacked.

mumsy

Hi guys,

We have a 10 month old male desexed boxer named Wilson. He has a beautiful nature and has always mixed well with any other dogs. A couple of weeks ago, while being walked on a lead down our street, he was attacked by another dog. The matter has been reported and dealt with.

My problem is now Wilson is reacting alot to any noises, inside or out. He sits by the window with his hackles up if he thinks something is outside. We have tried to introduce him to two other dogs which are owned by friends. Both times he reacted quite aggressively by growling, lunging and barking. I am worried about taking him to a group lesson, because he is so reactive at the moment. Does anyone know of someone good in the Ferntree Gully area or does anyone have any advice. I want my beautiful friendly boy back! :cry:

You do definitely need to see a behaviourist- we also consult in that area. In the meantime, try to avoid him coming into close contact with other dogs and if you encounter any on walks- increase the distance between them and you significantly before he starts to react.

Thanks everyone for the help. Sorry I haven't answered sooner. We will difinitely get a behaviorist. I was given a name by our vet the other day, and will also follow up as well with Erny.

thanks again :)