Can Cavaliers Live Outside

mackenzie11

I don't actually see what the problem/question even is. The pup likes to go outside and play with another dog when there's no people around. The pup likes to be inside with people when the dog isn't around to play with. Sounds like normal dog behaviour to me!

To me you're not asking if the pup can live outside you're asking if it's OK for the pup to go outside????

OP has elaborated/modified information since first post Sandra. First post suggested pup was not happy inside and spent all time by the back door wanting to go out. She said:

when she comes inside she just mopes at the back door,

That's what I based my advice on. :laugh:

Edited by poodlefan

My Mums cav x poodle loves being outside and she's an only dog! During the day she is outside and then when Mum gets home she's in and out through the doggy door. Usually after a quick hello and cuddle she's back out chasing what ever moves till she can smell dinner being cooked! :laugh: When she was a puppy she was mainly outside until she could be trusted a little more then after a couple of disasters and too many bin break-ins she got put outside when no-one was home and its stayed that way as she's a very happy little doggy! The magnetic doggy door sounds like a great idea though! Do some research and see if it could work out for you! Hunt around for a good price too!