First Shots With My New Camera

MrRedDog

Well, you have some gorgeous subjects to work on. Those long beaks though mean you have to decide if you want to focus on their nose or their eyes if you're going for a shallow depth of field, or you can take a side on shot. Alternatively, you can move back a bit, but close ups are fun.

The 7D is a whole lot of camera, I am still only a learner and I usually feel a bit sheepish even having one, like I am "over camera'd"

I read the manual as much as I can but it still doesn't really always answer my many questions, sometimes I just dont understand what it's saying. You still need to read it though, and keep it safe.

What are mode are you shooting in at the moment?

Another thing you can do is go back on all the challenges Ash set for us. Even though they're from ages ago, the exercises in them are just as useful now as they were then. You can see what she explains at the start, and then see what people have submitted.

Edited by Kirislin

What cute models you have!!

The 7D is one sweet camera and you're going to love it :D

Two little problems jump out at me that can be easily nipped in the bud now:

1- you've got some motion blur from a too slow shutter. The 7D rocks socks at high ISOs so don't be afraid to bump that puppy up even during the day so you can get a nice fast shutter to freeze your wiggly subjects.

2 - focus is slightly off. That's practice and #1 will help with that a lot.

Looking fantastic and I can't wait to see more!!