Have You Noticed ..

becandcharch

Im just uploading an album now and it gave me the option to upload 'standard' or 'hi res'

I hate how photos lose their sharpness on FB so hoping they do look better. It does tell you it will take 10 times longer and Im uploading a fair few so will come back with the results :heart:

:heart: I just found this in FAQ

High resolution means more anyone who can see your photo will be able to download your high resolution photos by clicking "Download High Res." We will also make your high resolution photos available to platform developers so that they can create rich photo experiences.

Wont be doing that now!!!

Ok so I just uploaded this photo in an album the standard way and its looks the same as the grainy one. As did some of the others but not all.

Weird, as it didnt when I just posted in on my wall :D

Edited to add - Aw Pers, she's not eerie.. Thats just my friend Sarah laying in a park in Elwood. Promise she's alive :heart:

Edited by becandcharch

High resolution means more anyone who can see your photo will be able to download your high resolution photos by clicking "Download High Res." We will also make your high resolution photos available to platform developers so that they can create rich photo experiences.

Thanks a lot, FB NOT !! Wonder how many folks' photos are being stolen???

Glad you read the 'fine print' :heart:

Aw Pers, she's not eerie.. Thats just my friend Sarah laying in a park in Elwood. Promise she's alive

I know ..it's well done- just I get the creeps looking at it , apologies ..(and to sarah) NORMALLY JUST LOVE YOUR WORK!! :D

:heart: No offence was taken ;)

Looks like FB is using some of the same sharpening or something overdone as flickr does.

I wouldn't be uploading high res anywhere at all - everything on the net can be taken without your knowledge or permission. It's just how it is.

Guest Tess32

Don't even need high res. I googled myself and I am on a zillion russian blogs and "top 40 animal photos!" type stuff.