• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we may have accidentally tripped over and *bought another ferret* cough

DSC_0093.jpg

meet Babs :rofl: the 11 month old jill :rofl: proven worker too ... now one more to make it a nice round 10 :)

and just as a comparison here is our biggest ferret Winston

DSC_0081.jpg

and compared to our smallest Caramel (who mind you is puffed up from chasing one very wanted mouse around the garage)

DSC_0084.jpg

ooooo caramel looks just like Cynthia.. n Winston looks like Snowy/Luke. well he had black eyes.

gee u bring back memories....

old age took them over 15 years ago, still miss em

• 3 months later...

I am not a ferret person but today a friend rescued one who was about to be clobbered with a shovel. It has been scavenging in yards for a while now, it is a dirty, smelly yellow female only quite small and has brown eyes. Currently housed in a bird cage on my verrandah, if anyone nearby can give her a home please feel free. Be warned it is very dirty and smelly. Please someone. :)

Thank you very much for a very informative yet funny thread :thumbsup: :D . I love ferrets but my dogs would love them too. I don't think I could wring a neck, too much of a softie but sure admire you guys. Once dead mind you, I can skin and gut with the best of them. Just can't bring myself to kill.

I don't think I could wring a neck, too much of a softie but sure admire you guys. Once dead mind you, I can skin and gut with the best of them. Just can't bring myself to kill.

it's like anything. You just dont overthink it and you just do it. I was more worried I wouldnt do it properly but do it once and any anxiety dissipates

I'm so pissed, at the moment everyone is at me to go ferreting. I tell them about snakes and they say 'oh but we havnt seen any' :rolleyes: warm weather + baby bunnies ... risk is too high at the moment but they still dont get it. Sayig that we're booked solid for months. I should charge by the hour

I don't think I could wring a neck, too much of a softie but sure admire you guys. Once dead mind you, I can skin and gut with the best of them. Just can't bring myself to kill.

it's like anything. You just dont overthink it and you just do it. I was more worried I wouldnt do it properly but do it once and any anxiety dissipates

I'm so pissed, at the moment everyone is at me to go ferreting. I tell them about snakes and they say 'oh but we havnt seen any' :( warm weather + baby bunnies ... risk is too high at the moment but they still dont get it. Sayig that we're booked solid for months. I should charge by the hour

Same here. It's the same every year- no one is interested when it's cold, foggy or there's a hard frost on the ground [perfect ferreting conditions in other words] but the second it warms up and the snakes are out I have stacks of people saying 'how about that ferreting then? Nice weather for it.' We won't be starting back until April when it cools off.