huski

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i went on sat, couldnt make it on sunday :):cry:

but it was interesting, i learned a bit and plan to use it in my agility training :D

the place is fantastic too :wave:

im sure the other girls will have more to say when it finishes today

Edited by dandybrush

We've just got home, all absolutely exhausted so this will be quick. Steve was fantastic, thank you for all the answers to my (many) questions Steve, I felt a bit like the woman who you described who's dog had so many problems it was like Munchausen's by proxy :D :eek: , we have so many things to work on with him & my other dogs now too. ;)

I learnt heaps, it's fascinating listening to Steve's knowledge & so many times I found myself nodding as I thought "Ooohhh now I know why that happens!". Hopefully when you come back next time Steve you'll be impressed by our improvement & you'll get to see our DWD routine :love: .

ETA - go the dancing dogs!! :love: ;) :D

Edited by MrsD

Awesome weekend / learnt heaps / loved the Cabaret on Friday / great food / loads of talented dogs / had a FAB time!! ;)

Was lovely to meet some more DOL'ers and put some faces to names ;) Winter had so much fun playing with our cabin-mates and neighbours Zuma, River and Lottie (and it was great to meet you Luv_Lottie)!! And Tash, though I'm not sure what her DOL username is!

I learnt this week-end that there's at least one thing I can do that Steve can't....................... and that's DWD :champagne: but I'm sure he will learn :(

I think he'd look good with a BC as a dance partner :rofl:

But seriously how can one man have soooo much knowledge????? :D

Steve thanks for an awesome week-end of learning I have information overload and have taken the first steps to rectify my problem the moment I got home. But I'm sure you will get plenty of emails from me :rofl:

:laugh:

It was nice to meet so many DOLERS and put faces to names :rofl:

Edited by BC4ME

What a massive weekend!!! I had a great time and it was so awesome to catch up with some great friends and meet some new ones :D

Thanks so much Steve for putting on such a brilliant workshop, I always learn so much from you and I really appreciate all the support you give me and Daisy (because as you all would have witnessed this past weekend, we need it. LOL).

Oh... and you looked very good doing DWD :(:champagne:

Awesome weekend. got home just after 8. Was cool to put some faces to names and even cooler to see everyones dogs.

I feel like I have much direction on stuff to start working with with Quinn and I think I want to get into obediance. Hopefully next time I'll have some more stuff to show off and a quieter, less naughty, more mature dog.

Thanks Steve!

BQ, Quinn was awesome this weekend. What a great dog with so much potential! You are going to have a ball with her.

ETA: There were stacks of dogs at the workshop this weekend that you could just see so much potential in, especially when you could visibly see the dogs improving in leaps and bounds in such a short time. How lucky to have so many awesome dogs in one place!

Edited by huski

Only home an hour & Jarrah was at the vet for cane toad poisoning, $150 later we are home & he's resting in his crate - the joys of owning a dog with a high prey drive :champagne: .

You'll be happy to know that he only snapped at the vet once Steve, the vet was really great with him & he suggested bringing him up & getting the vet nurses to give him a treat etc as well. I just thought I might have had a chance to do it BEFORE I had to take him to the vet next for real :D .

Awesome weekend / learnt heaps / loved the Cabaret on Friday / great food / loads of talented dogs / had a FAB time!! :D

Was lovely to meet some more DOL'ers and put some faces to names :( Winter had so much fun playing with our cabin-mates and neighbours Zuma, River and Lottie (and it was great to meet you Luv_Lottie)!! And Tash, though I'm not sure what her DOL username is!

I've only just worked out who you were MissB - sorry, don't mind me!! :champagne:

Winter is absolutely adorable & sooooooo cute!

And I agree with Huski, so many fantastic dogs with so much potential - yes, including Quinn BQ, she's an awesome little dog, us dancing girls were saying so this afternoon when you were working her, so it must be true :laugh::rofl: .

I've only just worked out who you were MissB - sorry, don't mind me!! :D

Winter is absolutely adorable & sooooooo cute!

Took me a while to figure out who everyone was too :champagne:

Thank you, she had so much fun this weekend, I'm so glad I brought her along :(

Sorry to hear about Jarrah though!! Hope he's feeling better soon, he was awesome this weekend.

Thanks huski, MissB & BD, he seems almost back to normal again, the vet says that the poison is very rapidly absorbed but also rapidly expelled, the main thing is to rub their gums & the inside of their mouth with a wet chux & get as much of the poison off the gums as possible. When he was at home here before we took him down to the vet he was walking around with a really stiff gait, was wobbly on his legs, was panting really hard & had his head down & his ears down flat, had really staring eyes & was frothing at the mouth, Dagboy did the chux thing in the car & by the time we had been at the vets for about 15 mins (the vet continued to wipe his gums while we were there) he started to look alot more alert & within another 20 mins or so he was almost back to normal.

So remember, if your dog ever gets hold of a toad, wipe their mouth out with a wet sponge or chux or paper towel!

Edited by MrsD

gosh sunday sounds like a hoot, am so bummed i couldnt make it :D

it was good to see all the dancing dogs, they look awesome, i loved quin :( she has sooo much potential!!

i wanna go bak to camp tailwaggers, the place was awesome!! loved the trails and the dam (raz loved the dam) and with a non crate trained dog i think he did very well locked up most of saturday :champagne:

Raz was so engaged everytime you took him out. And he's beautifuly, plus I'm glad Quinn did gain some confidence around other dogs even if its did send her into the crazies.

Glad Jarrah is okau MrsD, he was one of my favourite dogs there.

What a fantastic weekend - so good to finally meet so many DOLers :laugh:

You people have such awesome dogs, especially the "dancing" dogs - you certainly take training to a whole new level.

Steve's knowledge is amazing and watching him working with the dogs on the weekend has really inspired me to get back into training with Indi.

Mrs D I'm so glad Jarrah's ok - he was certainly a stand-out performer on the weekend, you couldn't help but fall in love with him especially when he let Steve know that he wasn't finished playing with the tug :love:

And thanks to Ann at Camp Tailwaggers - this was a first time for me, but definitely not the last, with great food (even saving dinner for us on Friday night), great accomodation and making us feel so welcome (including OH who wasn't attending the seminar). We'll definitely be back :heart:

Edited by gsdog2

Mrs D - Glad to hear that Jarrah is feeling better and even better that his reaction to the vet was even better. Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

Dagboy - Thanks for showing us your wonderful spoon balancing talent :thumbsup: how you ever found out that you had leaves the mind wondering :thumbsup:

Huski and Zuma - It was awesome watching Daisy and Zuma work on Friday afternoon was awesome you guys have certainly doing great work :laugh:

To everyone else that was there you all have wonderful dogs that are full of potential keep up with the good work :heart:

I'm glad you all enjoyed the Dances With Dogs Caberet it is always fun to perform and it was even more fun to get you guys up with our dogs and performing yourselves. DWD is soooo much fun :love: