Illusion Collar

princesszelda

I keep getting error messages when I try to look at this link. No matter, I've seen it before and basically if your a fan of CM and/or a choke chain training system then you'll like it. I'm not, but that's just me. It's a double collar system to keep the choke chain high on the dog's neck just under the jaw as that's the most effective place for the dog to feel it. If you are going to train this way then you really do need guidance from someone who has a lot of training skills and ideally is flexible enough to know lots of ways to teach your dog.

Hi guys!

We've recently tried the Illusion Collar (http://www.cesarsway.com/shop/Illusion-Dog-Collar-Leash-System) on our 1 1/2 year old Bernese Mountain dog & have found that it really helps with pulling. :)

Anyone else have any experience with it?

One thing I'm not keen on about the illusion collar is the potential for it to be used by people who haven't developed the skill and sensitivity of correction delivery. Personally, I'd prefer to see a novice handler build their skills with the correction collar lower down on the dog's neck. Not necessarily great for the dog's training as the correction can be less effective, but I think a bit safer for the dog, physically speaking.

For the same reason, I don't encourage my early day clients to move their correction collars high up on the dog's neck even in the absence of an illusion collar.

ETA: Just realised Bedazzledx2 shares the same feeling as I do, although I do use check chains where necessary and have no qualms in doing so.

Edited by Erny

I own one, not that Zero needs it but I mostly just wanted to see what it did.

Worked well on a friend's rescue dog but we only used it a couple of times because Jude was alright. She was half way through learning the loose leash walk though so i don't know if it was the collar or the previous training. It was a probabaly a combination of both.