9 Yr Old Pregnant Rottie ?

Christina

Bumped into an acquaintance & her daughter yesterday.

Daughter says 9 year old Rottie is pregnant for the 1st time :laugh::confused: Said the pet shop told them not to feed extra or puppy food as the dog is very over weight.

I said they are not vets or breeders so give it her in the last couple of weeks anyway as the risk of eclampsia & her going downhill is bigger if she does not have the extra nutrients required anyway. ?

Doubt the poor dog or pups will survive it all. Sheer bloody stupidity :eek:

Bumped into an acquaintance & her daughter yesterday.

Daughter says 9 year old Rottie is pregnant for the 1st time :laugh::confused: Said the pet shop told them not to feed extra or puppy food as the dog is very over weight.

I said they are not vets or breeders so give it her in the last couple of weeks anyway as the risk of eclampsia & her going downhill is bigger if she does not have the extra nutrients required anyway. ?

Doubt the poor dog or pups will survive it all. Sheer bloody stupidity :eek:

On whose part?

I would have suggested that the litter is aborted immediately and the bitch desexed.

Unfortunaltly not everyone is that smart nor selfless. Its shouldn't have happened, here's where the RSPCA and the like should be stepping in and making noise

why? The people have done nothing illegal and as long as the dog has food, water and shelter they can do nothing more

Nekhbet, do you not think nine years old is a little old for a first litter?

Especially considering the expected life span for a Rottie is roughly 10 years.. The dog is an old grandma!

:( Poor girl.

I would have suggested that the litter is aborted immediately and the bitch desexed.

Unfortunaltly not everyone is that smart nor selfless. Its shouldn't have happened, here's where the RSPCA and the like should be stepping in and making noise

What has the RSPCA got to with it ? It's a moral issue, no one has done anything to harm the dog.

The fact of the matter is, that the bitch should have been de sexed long ago. :(

For the dogs own health sake I believe the bitch would be better off aborted and desexed. :)

why? The people have done nothing illegal and as long as the dog has food, water and shelter they can do nothing more

What you or I or anyone here thinks makes no difference, there is nothing illegal about what they have done.

If they dock the tails on the pups then they will get a visit :confused:

What you or I or anyone here thinks makes no difference, there is nothing illegal about what they have done.

If they dock the tails on the pups then they will get a visit :confused:

Yes your right.

Here's hoping that she cant deliver ..... and that the owners cop a really big vet bill for the C-section.

Better yet, lets all pray for it to be in the middle of the night so they get the EMERGENCY C-section bill for large breeds. $$$$$$

And if she haemmorhages because of the oxytosin given, well then she will be spayed as well $$$$$$

Hopefully all that will set them back around $1800 or so.

Karma, where are you? Do your stuff!

Souff

Here's hoping that she cant deliver ..... and that the owners cop a really big vet bill for the C-section.

Better yet, lets all pray for it to be in the middle of the night so they get the EMERGENCY C-section bill for large breeds. $$$$$$

And if she haemmorhages because of the oxytosin given, well then she will be spayed as well $$$$$$

Hopefully all that will set them back around $1800 or so.

Karma, where are you? Do your stuff!

Souff

if you prey for that Souff prey that the owners are able to not let the girl suffer or the vet refuses treatment because they cannot afford it

De-sexing would have been a more cost effective road for them to take. Or abortion.

But some people only seem to learn the hard way.

Souff