Sanction Show?

marinapoint

Guest CaptainCourageous
Hi guys, was hoping someone would clear something up for me?

Having never seen one of these before, what is a sanction show???

Is this like an open/parade show? And is so what is the difference?

Thanks!

I think Open Shows and Parades have to have a judge from within that state who is not licenced to award challenges. If a Club wants to contract a judge from out of the state (or country) who is not licenced to award challenges for each breed to be judged, they must put on a "Sanctioned Show".

Just a guess, I haven't been to one or arranged one before. There was one for my breed interstate this year. I guess the judge is "sanctioned" by the local controlling body.

CC

My understanding of a sanctioned event is anything that has been given the approval (sanctioned by) of the controling body

Dracdog, did you not read my contribution immediately above yours which was taken from the DogsVic website? That gives the definition which means that your understanding is apparently incorrect.

Guest CaptainCourageous
My understanding of a sanctioned event is anything that has been given the approval (sanctioned by) of the controling body

Dracdog, did you not read my contribution immediately above yours which was taken from the DogsVic website? That gives the definition which means that your understanding is apparently incorrect.

Ellz, the Schipperke Association of NSW held a sanctioned show this year judged by its patron Vivienne Fears (NZ). So I think Dracdog and I could be correct in the notion the sanction means approval of any detail outside the system, not only the host club. CC

Ellz, the Schipperke Association of NSW held a sanctioned show this year judged by its patron Vivienne Fears (NZ). So I think Dracdog and I could be correct in the notion the sanction means approval of any detail outside the system, not only the host club. CC

Take it up with DogsVic then because I cut and paste from their website.

I think you are probably correct CC. I do know that the Schipperke Assocation applied to Dogs NSW to have an Open Show with Vivienne Fears judging but when the approval came back it was for a Sanctioned Show not an Open Show. I'm guessing that has something to do with Mrs Fears not being licensed to Judge. Mrs Fears was approached to judge as she and her husband are long time breeders of Schipperkes.

I did read your contribution however I came to this understanding because Dogs Queensland refer to every show, trial ect approved by them as a sanctioned event

It would appear that yet again, the wonderous world that is the Australian dog world is AGAIN split apart by rules that vary from one state to another. Further evidence that ONE controlling body with ONE set of rules would be very useful!!!!

As the OP is in Victoria, my contribution is particularly applicable to her, which is why I went to the DogsVic website.

In some other parts of Australia, if a person who is highly respected in a breed wants to judge, then they are sometimes approved for a Members Competition held by a breed club.