Second Hand Price For Canon 40d

Kaffy Magee

Hi I'm not sure if this helps but Ruth had a 50 D body only for sale a little while ago.

If I want to look at something on ebay I usually go to Teds camera house and look at the new price and see how it compares to the ebay price.

I recently bought my 40d of ebay for $600. I watched quite a few of them for some time before I placed a bid on any and they do vary In price depending on the condition etc. I wasn't prepared or should I say couldn't afford anything over $600 so I think I was pretty lucky as the camera Is In perfect condition and had just over 5000 shutter actuations.

I missed out on quite a few with my budget, so I was over the moon that I'd actually won It :rofl:

I think a good price Is what you're prepared to pay for one, provided It's In good condition, and new they went for around average $1400

LOL I remember asking this same question too :rofl:

I won! I won! Just did some last minute bidding and I won! I paid 670 which is only 20 more than I was going to bid,so I'm happy. Now I just need to decide on what sort of lenses. Should I just stick with the ones that are usually sold in the twin lens kits 18-55 and 55-200 I think. Would I need both of them or will just on do, or should I get something completely different. I have no idea so any help is much appreciated. :hug:

YaY Congrats :hug:

I'm not sure on those kit lenses, but I'm sure there are a few on here that have them so they'll be able to fill you In more on them

I've just recently purchased the 50mm 1.8 It takes a lot of getting used to IMO,

but I'm happy with It for my first lens

Congrats on your new camera, I agree with RnB about the 50mm, I have the 50mm 1.8 as well for my nikon, it is a super lense for taking close ups and also action shots. HAve a look at the thread in the photo section http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=154547

Mine was under $200 so it is a ripper little lense for the price. The only thing to remember with this lense is it is a fixed lense and no zoom, but once you get used to it its fabulous!