A Call For Help - Single Dad 5 Kids Injured Dog

Steve

We have had a call from the Salvation Army to try to help out with a single Dad with 5 kids who has a dog which was run over. The dog has been on strong pain killers since the accident but the vet will not do the surgery thats needed without the cash. The bill is going to be around 2000 as a hip has to be treated and a leg amputated.

Time is running out and unless the guy can find some way of finding some money to have the surgery done the dog will have to be PTS.

The dog is a very much loved family pet and the kids especially are very distressed about whats going on.

If anyone could afford a little to try to help this guy out it would be very much appreciated by all involved.

Please make donations to MDBA Pacers 062600 account 10488688.

Julie

Bless the Salvation Army for recognising how important the dog is, to the family.

Maybe suggest to the Salvos that they check if a media program will highlight the need?

Or does that state's university vet clinic have a fund that allows for charity cases? When our elderly dog died, our memorial to her was to donate money to a university's vet clinic's charity fund.

I guess they're not in Qld. Otherwise the AWL Qld Vet Clinic might help. They've done so before, in cases like this.

PMing to find out how dinosaurs who send Money Orders can donate. :cry:

Edited by mita

I think Lort Smith Animal Hospital in melbourne do teaching at their vet clinic too

They will also allow people to have an account for an operation, and pay it off. If they are in Melbourne, that may be helpful if the full amount can not be raised.

The dog is in regional NSW and several avenues have been investigated to get it done. If we find some place which will do it without the kind of costs we have been given then we will need to consider transportation and other high stress issues for the dog and the family.

Im having another phone meeting with the salvos today to have a chat about potential options to manage the operation.

When you deal with vets who have little competition because of geography it can be a whole new learning curve.

We had one 2 weeks ago - Owners dog is at the vets for an emergency due to a car accident and the bill was much higher than the owner expected. The vet refused to release the dog until the bill was paid in full and every day the bill was climbing due to boarding expenses. Several options were looked into but the vet wouldn't budge - Before we got a chance the owner has said she couldn't pay and the longer it went on the less likely she would be able to pay and to put the dog down.

The dog is in regional NSW and several avenues have been investigated to get it done. If we find some place which will do it without the kind of costs we have been given then we will need to consider transportation and other high stress issues for the dog and the family.

Im having another phone meeting with the salvos today to have a chat about potential options to manage the operation.

When you deal with vets who have little competition because of geography it can be a whole new learning curve.

We had one 2 weeks ago - Owners dog is at the vets for an emergency due to a car accident and the bill was much higher than the owner expected. The vet refused to release the dog until the bill was paid in full and every day the bill was climbing due to boarding expenses. Several options were looked into but the vet wouldn't budge - Before we got a chance the owner has said she couldn't pay and the longer it went on the less likely she would be able to pay and to put the dog down.

OMG this vet sounds like a reall a55 to me. Must be very fustrating having to deal with him, especially when you really have very limited options. Good luck with it all, fingers crossed this little dog, can get a second chance.

I didnt realise that often vets who allow clients to pay off their bills do so via credit companies. That case the vet used GE finance but due to the owners age and financial situation the finance wasn't

approved. I can see it from the vet's point of view I guess they have to run a business but once the work is done they don't get any money if the owner says PTS and walk away anyway. Why not take the risk and allow them to pay it off? What have they got to loose? The vet nurse in that case contacted us and tried to get some help for the owner so she was very affected by the outcome too.

Thank you to everyone who has donated to help this dog.

We now have enough to cover them for the operation and some follow up care.

I hope you all know how much your kind donations have made a difference.

I forgot to say that all donations over $2 are tax deductible so if you email [email protected] and give me your details I will have tax invoices issued to you so you can claim the donation on your Tax.

Thanks again guys - you're awesome!

Julie