Growling When Petting Belly?

my_sibe_owns_me

Hey guys,

My bitch has just started growling when I pet her belly. She hasnt willingly let anyone other them me touch her belly and even then I dont do it often. Just a belly rub once a day. Normally when shes done eating she'll come over.

Its not an all teeth growl but its loud enough to hear and understand what it is. And shes NEVER growled at me over ANYTHING before. I can pet her while shes eating and take any thing away from her that I want.

Is she just being really protective over them now? Shes at day 49 today. Or could it be something else?

She hasnt willingly let anyone other them me touch her belly and even then I dont do it often. J

:rofl: Time for some training if you can get help ... due to whelp bitch may well need help , either with whelping, or with nursing puppies/breast stripping/mastitis... and if she is growling now.. with all those protective hormones raging, she could get worse

Darn. I was really hoping it wasnt going to be because she was gonna turn into psycho dog. Its so weird. Shes normally a really sweet dog and never tries to push the limits with me. Darn hormones. Guess it shouldn't come as a shocker. She has been very cranky in general the last few weeks. Anyone else deal with a bitch like this? Any extra tips? I know of really sweet dogs who have bitten over pups before. I just dont want to put the pups in danger at any point.

Oakway- lol def. not a happy growl. I didnt walk away when she did it. Told her to knock it off and left my hand on her belly (not pressing just laid it there.) She stopped growling but wasn't pleased.

Darn. I was really hoping it wasnt going to be because she was gonna turn into psycho dog. Its so weird. Shes normally a really sweet dog and never tries to push the limits with me. Darn hormones. Guess it shouldn't come as a shocker. She has been very cranky in general the last few weeks. Anyone else deal with a bitch like this? Any extra tips? I know of really sweet dogs who have bitten over pups before. I just dont want to put the pups in danger at any point.

Oakway- lol def. not a happy growl. I didnt walk away when she did it. Told her to knock it off and left my hand on her belly (not pressing just laid it there.) She stopped growling but wasn't pleased.

I don't know what to think then.

Could it be because she is on her back. Give the belly a rub when she is standing up and see if you get a different reaction. :thumbsup: