Minature Aussie Bulldog...

kirst_goldens

I want to know where the massive price tag comes from

Yeah, me too!

I would guess that it is for the same reasons that naive people will pay $2-3000 for a 'rare' blue or blue fawn staffy.

From what I understand the idea behind the creation of the Aussie Bulldog was to try and create a bulldog without the health issues (mainly related to breathing and whelping difficulties) of the British Bulldog. If it is a success then shouldn't they be whelping with ease by now and therefore nowhere near as expensive to breed as the British so shouldn't the price of these puppies then be reduced? :laugh:

Mr Google tells me that Mini Aussie Bulldogs are Aussie bulldogs crossed with Pugs and Bouledogue Français. Apparently they decided against crossing them with SBT's and Boston Terriers due to their temperament. The website (apparently set up by the founders of the mini aussie bulldog breed) states that you should pay no more than $1300 per pup and that higher price does not indicate higher quality and to do your research. Which I thought was an interesting point to make.

http://www.aussiebulldogs.net/history.html if you go there and look at history it states that, Boxer, english staffy, bullmastiff, and old english bulldogs are the breeds that have been used to make the aussie bulldog, this is what i have read on a few sites when i was considering one a few yrs ago. The ppl who are serious about this breed follow the correct ways, but just like any other breed (or none breed however you want to look at it) there are ppl who dont do the right thing, anyone can mix a bunch of dogs together n sell it for what it looks like, i know ppl with "pure labs" that look like a shorter haired kelpie with longer ears n muzzle, just as ppl can mix a english bulldog with "pigging mix's" and call it a aussie bulldog, there ppl following the right procedures and trying to get this dog reconised and there are other ppl like the twit that breed the poor lil thing mentioned in this post who dont have a clue and just want to breed a dog for a quick buck and/or because the pups are so cute! :laugh:

you should pay no more than $1300 per pup

so what makes them worth even that much? For something that doesnt even have a standard as it's "a guide not a straightjacket". I also like how 1st generation minis are now stud dog purebreed individuals.

christ if they're going to try and least make yourself look professional and not put out dogs that look like bulldog and frenchie crosses pulled from the pound. There is some absolutely atrocious minis out there being bred from as 'top class' and it's actually quite sad.

ETA Bouledogue Français are French Bulldogs.

Edited by Nekhbet

Pure breed forum etc... so I keep quiet :laugh:

Aussie3, each to their own!

I parent 3 standard ABs and could not ask for better.

I did about 2 years worth of research, made my choice and continue to be very happy with my pack after 6 years.

Da Babes are happy, healthy, have fantastic temperaments and are spoilt rotten.

No 'poor bloody dogs' here.

Oh yes... I do not breed and I am not associated with any AB club

Ummmmm, I didn't say anything about the breed, I was talking about the owner who put two dogs of such different sizes together and then had issues because of it....

I did not say anything about anyone elses dogs or a particular breed, I only referred to this mating.

Read posts a bit more carefully maybe?

:laugh: So what exactly is an 'aussie bulldog' to start with, before it goes mini?

Bulldog x Boxer I think?

Boxer,british,frenchie x mutts.....Steer clear there just a waste of money and have plenty of health issues :)

Also they havent even got a set look /standard not many look alike so to speak...Just rubbish :shrug:

you should pay no more than $1300 per pup

Sorry I didnt mean to make it sound like they are worth that much - its just what I read on the website I wouldnt pay that much for one but there are obviously lots of people who do and pay more. Same with all the fancy named crossbreeds out there. There is a demand and people want it - I dont understand it but it is out there.

From the mini Aussie bulldog site..

For those interested please note there is absolutely no Staffordshire Bull Terrier in these dogs and minimal British Bulldog. By starting with healthy Australian Bulldogs *snip*

From the Aussie Bulldog site..

In forming the breed a mixture of English Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bullmastiff, Boxer and British Bulldog were used

:champagne:

The bolding and rofls are my own :thumbsup:

When the aussies were still a novelty I remember Don Bourke doing a spot on his show about them saying they were bred to reduce the probs associated with british (as dobesrock stated)So you can see where a lot of people found out about them he also promoted labradoodles for the right reasons,but then there seemed to be an influx of designers . Maybe the original intent was good I have only seen a few of them they are neither here nor there with me

I think that Don is a big fan of designer crossbreeds but maybe he should have stuck to his nachi pears and lemonade trees.

To me anyone who breeds in this way (large dog to small bitch) is guilty of cruelty and should be put in the same class as anyone who mistreats a dog in any other way,if a responsible dog owner had this accidentally happen to their bitch would they let the pregnancy develope?