One To Share

Staff'n'Toller

I was just editing this image to send up to the man in the photo.

My sigma 18-200 gives me lots of nice images. This one's been edited a bit as his face was too dark and I'm novice at editing...

But anyway, this is Frank, he lives in Arnhem Land.

He speaks about 8 different dialects, English being 6th or 7th down the list.

He is integral to our Vet program in that he can translate for us, knows the whole community (mostly :) ) the house numbers are not in any logical sequence.

He can catch cheeky dogs (aggressive).

He can give injections under supervision, he can scrub up animals for surgery and he can do basic nurse things like holding legs for IV's.

During the year he is employed by the NT Government and he looks after environmental health, treats the dogs for parasites etc.

Frank LOVES dogs, LOVES puppies, and we are actually suspicious that he is from the Dog Dreaming (because he won't tell us what his Dreaming is. :cry: )

It would take us 10 times the amount of time and effort to run the desexing program if he wasn't there to help us.

IMG_4408_2.jpg

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

• 3 months later...

Thanks! :( He has 4 dogs, I'm pretty sure we have desexed them all. I can't remember all their names but one is called Sarah. Some of the dogs have place names- my fav from last time was 'Nardilmuk', oh and I think there was one called Oyster...will have to check the book, lots of them are called blackie, choccy 1, choccy 2 etc.

Not Frank's dogs, they all have girls names. :rofl: