Play Pens

Edenishy

G'day all,

I see many "crate" threads but I need to buy a playpen and was hoping that some of you might like to offer some recommendations on where to buy for a good price, good size etc.

I have seen a few various ones over the years and would prefer one that is pretty solid. Some I have seen are pretty thin etc.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

I've got two of the compost pens from bunnings. $25 each. Very good except I hate the spiral things that hold the panels together. I took them off, they were annoying me so much. I just twisted some little metal rings with pliers to hold the sides together and to make it easy to get in/out I put dog leash clips on one panel to make a door :laugh:

I've got two of the compost pens from bunnings. $25 each. Very good except I hate the spiral things that hold the panels together. I took them off, they were annoying me so much. I just twisted some little metal rings with pliers to hold the sides together and to make it easy to get in/out I put dog leash clips on one panel to make a door :laugh:

Zip ties are good for this to, and I to use the dog clips to make a door way.

Yup, another vote for Bunnings' compost bins. We have two joined together here. Couldn't understand the spiral joiners so they're connected with cable ties with metal clips (the kind on the end of leashes - I'm sure there's a proper name for them) for a door. James still sleeps in his.

I own five of these. they can attach together or be seperated.

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/octagonal-...196cm-diameter/

the panels individually fit my door frames too, making for cheap puppy gates.

use them around gardens, will be using as whelp pens. Currently use them around the trailer etc when we go out with the dogs.

Edited by Parkeyre

I bought those Deals Direct ones when my youngest was a pup - she's a medium-sized to large breed (30kg full grown) and while they were basically good, she managed to squirm under one panel and escape up the stairs inside (and was too scared to go back down) and weed and poohed everywhere - oh, and chewed through a fan cable which thank god was not on. The way each panel attaches to the next is by a long skwer type thing, so each panel can be lifted a few inches without moving the whole thing, hence how she escaped.

After that we used cable ties to join each one so each could not be lifted separately, and also tied chunks of cement to each one to prevent her lifting them! You can imagine how attractive this all looked in our house!

With a small breed my problem would not happen, and they were good panels - at a good price - overall.