All-labrador Day

HeavyPaws

There's a poster at Woolies advertising an 'All Labrador Day' at the local walking trail. I'm a bit confused DOlers?

LABRADOR OWNERS

Meet other Labrador owners for a nice Spring walk along >place< trail this Monday at 8. Must be fully vaccinated and friendly on leash, no puppies without vaccinations, no other breeds. All breeds of Labrador welcome, long and short hair, puppy and adult.

All breeds of Labrador? There's more than one? The Great Labrador? The Central Asian Labrador? The Hairless Labrador?

Would you take your GR?

:rofl:

Maybe they mean crazy ones, extra crazy ones, ones that love to lick people? :eek:

If they say Labs only, they probably don't mean GR's as they aren't Labs! But how odd that they are saying no other breeds welcome, that's a put off. I understand it's a Lab meet, so Lab owners will get together, but if a Lab owner or a friend of a Lab owner who has a different breed as well as a Lab who wants to come well, too bad!

I think for a normal dog person (not crazy dog people like us)... it would be just the normal black, golden and chocolate labradors :rasberry:

Yellow :grouphug:

Maybe they mean crazy ones, extra crazy ones, ones that love to lick people? :eek:

If they say Labs only, they probably don't mean GR's as they aren't Labs! But how odd that they are saying no other breeds welcome, that's a put off. I understand it's a Lab meet, so Lab owners will get together, but if a Lab owner or a friend of a Lab owner who has a different breed as well as a Lab who wants to come well, too bad!

I think for a normal dog person (not crazy dog people like us)... it would be just the normal black, golden and chocolate labradors :laugh:

Yellow :rasberry:

oops.. :grouphug:

I think for a normal dog person (not crazy dog people like us)... it would be just the normal black, golden and chocolate labradors :laugh:

Unfortunately too many people think that Goldies are just long haired Labs :rasberry:

Unfortunately too many people think that Goldies are just long haired Labs :rasberry:

My mum's friend gets really insulted if anyone call her GR a Labrador.

Yellow :rasberry:

Unfortunately too many people think that Goldies are just long haired Labs :laugh:

So do I!!! I ADORE Labs and would love to own one one day (a black or a choc :grouphug: ) but I get very annoyed when ppl tell me how gorgeous my two LABS are and how they seem fluffier than usual!!!!!!

I dont get insulted by it, I just tell them that she is actually a Golden Retriever and they are different breeds

Its a bit like the CKCS and KCS, they look very similar, and they are very similar breeds, but are entirely different

There's a poster at Woolies advertising an 'All Labrador Day' at the local walking trail. I'm a bit confused DOlers?

LABRADOR OWNERS

Meet other Labrador owners for a nice Spring walk along >place< trail this Monday at 8. Must be fully vaccinated and friendly on leash, no puppies without vaccinations, no other breeds. All breeds of Labrador welcome, long and short hair, puppy and adult.

All breeds of Labrador? There's more than one? The Great Labrador? The Central Asian Labrador? The Hairless Labrador?

Would you take your GR?

I don't think the hairless Lab is invited. :eek: Only short or long haired.

I do like the sound of the Central Asian Lab though. :rofl:

:kissbetter:

Maybe they mean crazy ones, extra crazy ones, ones that love to lick people? :hug:

I think for a normal dog person (not crazy dog people like us)... it would be just the normal black, golden and chocolate labradors ;)

Yellow :D

Unfortunately too many people think that Goldies are just long haired Labs :rofl:

So do I!!! I ADORE Labs and would love to own one one day (a black or a choc :hug: ) but I get very annoyed when ppl tell me how gorgeous my two LABS are and how they seem fluffier than usual!!!!!!

Pssst Black is better. ;)

I have had so many people call my GR a golden labrador (even after I have told them it is a golden retriever!) People just seem to think they are a long haired labrador.

But you would think that somebody who is organising a labrador day would know the difference...