Anyone?

Guest Kate_Summer

Guest Kate_Summer

If someone happened to have save my thread about knees surgery could you plz email me a copy.

Thanks.....................

Sorry i didnt save it, what happend to it? Do you want us to post our replies again?

It will have been removed because it was nothing to do with dogs and so a breach of the rules, albeit an innocent one.

Such discussions are for the 'off topic' forums. Not having enough posts yet for access to 'off topic' doesn't mean they can be held in the dog forums.

Reposting replies will probably just get it deleted again. Reopening a deleted thread is also against the rules.

Better to private message your experiences to the OP.

Guest Kate_Summer
Sorry i didnt save it, what happend to it? Do you want us to post our replies again?

It will have been removed because it was nothing to do with dogs and so a breach of the rules, albeit an innocent one.

Such discussions are for the 'off topic' forums. Not having enough posts yet for access to 'off topic' doesn't mean they can be held in the dog forums.

Reposting replies will probably just get it deleted again. Reopening a deleted thread is also against the rules.

Better to private message your experiences to the OP.

Ditto, although my dog was concern, the main problem was about me lol :thumbsup:

This thread will most likely be removed too I'm guessing..

It was removed? Seriously?

Wow, I think I need to re-read the rules and how I interpret them. I can understand that threads should be kept to topic, but normally they are just moved. I guess that wasn't a possibility because you didn't have a high enough count number but why not just make a statement to that effect and then lock it perhpas? Or better, let it remain and let the discussion continue.

I doubt it would have been auto-removed without a complaint and if someone complained then it would have been removed because it's OT.

Don't worry Kate, I suspect you'll have enough posts soon to have access to the Off Topic section where (almost) anything goes. :thumbsup:

Perhaps you could have made the topic have a dog nexus i.e.

1. has anyone had the surgery? what was it like?

2. how did it affect your abilty to walk/exercise your dogs?

Then no one could argue that it was OT :)

Edited by koalathebear

Actually, can someone paste the rule that says posts will be removed in this case?? I can't see anything about it. :thumbsup:

I've always taken the bit about the site being created to discuss dogs as a bit of a give-away. Along with forum titles like 'General DOG Discussion' (OK, I made up the caps and bolding, LOL.)

As always, if you are concerned that Dogzonline is a dog forum, contact the mods and make your case.

Edited by Diva

Guest Kate_Summer
Well if someone complained then it would have been removed. Don't worry Kate, I suspect you'll have enough posts soon to have access to the Off Topic section where (almost) anything goes.

Perhaps you could have made the topic have a dog nexus i.e.

has anyone had the surgery? what was it like?

how did it affect your abilty to walk/exercise your dogs?

Then no one could argue that it was OT :)

I did have something along those line in my OP.

No big deal, just a little annoyed as I was sharing the info ETA *with hubby & went to re-read some specific post but it was gone.

Anyways after seeing the surgeon next week decisions will need to be made & worse comes to worse I'll need to get recommendation on how to find a good dog walker. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kate_Summer

I did have something along those line in my OP.

No big deal, just a little annoyed as I was sharing the info & went to re-read some specific post but it was gone.

Anyways after seeing the surgeon next week decisions will need to be made & worse comes to worse I'll need to get recommendation on how to find a good dog walker. :)

Oh .. that's so unlucky. Sorry to hear that. I've seen lots of posts before asking about how to keep their dogs entertained during the post-surgery period or when they're sick/bedridden etc and those posts seem to survive ...

As to the rest, I can sympathise - I had hand surgery in July (carpal tunnel release) and my right hand is still very weak and sometimes sore. I find it quite difficult to restrain my puppy when he's excited so the next two weeks of obedience class are going to be testing for me given that my husband's in Toronto for two weeks. :thumbsup: Finding ways to restrain and exercise the doggies when one is slightly incapacitated is a real challenge.

Edited by koalathebear

Actually, can someone paste the rule that says posts will be removed in this case?? I can't see anything about it. :thumbsup:

I've always taken the bit about the site being created to discuss dogs as a bit of a give-away. Along with forum titles like 'General DOG Discussion' (OK, it made up the caps and bolding, LOL.)

Yes, it is a site about dogs but then it also has areas for reptiles, cats and off topic things. You said it was a breach of rules though, and as it is not stated in the rules, it can't be a breach. :)

anne: I'm guessing that because the title of this forum is 'General Dog Dicussion', it has been deemed that unlike most contracts, "headings DO have legal effect" so anything off-topic should be in the off-topic section. That being said, if the post was about the surgery and walking dogs (I didn't see the original post sorry) - then it does sound like it is on-topic. :thumbsup:

Kate: For clarity, the topic perhaps should have been: "looking after your dogs after you have had surgery" ... or something :) Then it should be relatively unassailable ... unless you say something like: "Looking after your designerdogadoodle (that you knowingly and unrepetentantly obtained from a BYB petshop) after you have had surgery". Then I don't think it would get through :crazy:

Edited by koalathebear

I've always taken the bit about the site being created to discuss dogs as a bit of a give-away. Along with forum titles like 'General DOG Discussion' (OK, it made up the caps and bolding, LOL.)

Yes, it is a site about dogs but then it also has areas for reptiles, cats and off topic things. You said it was a breach of rules though, and as it is not stated in the rules, it can't be a breach. :)

Yes those threads exist. In OFF-TOPIC along with all the health threads.

Just make a few more posts Kate, and you'll find a whole world of health issues there :crazy:

Actually, can someone paste the rule that says posts will be removed in this case?? I can't see anything about it. :)

Yes, it is a site about dogs but then it also has areas for reptiles, cats and off topic things. You said it was a breach of rules though, and as it is not stated in the rules, it can't be a breach. :crazy:

Yes those threads exist. In OFF-TOPIC along with all the health threads.

Just make a few more posts Kate, and you'll find a whole world of health issues there :D

;) :thumbsup::o

Kate- if you have questions- you can always send a PM to TROY who is god of the forums :thumbsup: and has the final say on what can and cannot be discussed .

Ooooh, I didn't know that there was a bowing smiley ...

:)

So useful! Even though this thread may deleted, I have learned something new!

Guest Kate_Summer
Kate- if you have questions- you can always send a PM to TROY who is god of the forums :rofl: and has the final say on what can and cannot be discussed .

Ooooh, I didn't know that there was a bowing smiley ...

:eek:

So useful! Even though this thread may deleted, I have learned something new!

too funny :grouphug:

Thanks everyone :rasberry:

I'll just leave it for now, I don't want to get flame for posting more just so I can get n OT :laugh:

Thanks again :laugh:

Well you can tell us a little more about your situation:

- what sort of dog do you have

- how much exercise does he need

- how much exercise does he want

- what is the terrain like where you live - hills, flat etc

- would you be able to try biking him instead of walking

And add some photos.

That should be good for at least 5 more posts - how many do you need?