Chihuahua Stolen From Adelaide Royal

toy dog

we need to spread the word to the general public to get it out there about this little dog..........

The following appeared on the 'Adelaide Now' website:

"In other Show updates, a prize Chihuahua worth $5000 has been abducted from

the Show.

Police are investigating after the dog's owners reported it stolen from the

dog pavilion late this aft...ernoon.

Witnesses said the animal was taken by an Asian male, aged 30-35, 165cm,

with a stocky build wearing a grey windcheater with blue horizontal stripes

and blue jeans. He was last seen heading towards the ferris wheel."

Apparently, an Asian man was seen running from the pavilion, carrying the

dog which was trying to bite him.

this is wrong the wording should read, a reward of $5000 has been offered for the safe return of the dog, no charges will be pressed and no questions asked. the reward will get bigger i think as time goes on, so if anyone sees anything, might be in your neighbors backyard or in a car or out the front of a house or anything.....please ring crimestoppers 1800 333 000

Edited by toy dog

i have put it in general because so many more pet people not breeders and/or exhbitors come here.

the owner has asked to spread the word particularly amongst the non dog world and show world so far everyone in the dog world knows but not as many people in the public - any coverage on this topic is a good thing and might help for someone to see something in their neighbors backyard! these are the people we are trying to access.

There are about four threads on DOL alone about Harry.

Keeping all the posts in one thread would be more beneficial IMO.

Yeah, I thought that at first, too.

But then some people never venture into the Showring or News sections. Eh, the more threads, the more people will become aware, and that can only be a good thing.

Here's hoping that there's some good news just around the corner :laugh:

Hi,

Just reading regarding Harry the stolen Chihuahua from Adelaide Royal Dog Show,which I heard on the news,its a very sad situation for any dog and owner when something like this happens,my heart goes out to you.

The main reason Im writing this,Is if Im correct in saying what I heard,is that Harry wasnt microchipped.

The owner said,because he was an inside dog,she didnt get this done,and I think none of her other dogs are microchipped as well.

My mouth dropped open when I heard that Harry wasnt chipped.It still doesnt make anything easyer for the owner as in fretting for Harry,I just couldnt believe he wasnt chipped,thats all.

My understanding is that you dont have to microchip your pets in Adelaide,and correct me if Im wrong.

But having a reward winning animal(show pet),wouldnt you chip for safety reason just incase something like this happens, and may make finding Harry a bit easyer.

I really hope Harry is found and returned to his owner

Thanxs

But having a reward winning animal(show pet),wouldnt you chip for safety reason just incase something like this happens, and may make finding Harry a bit easyer.

I had a very promising puppy stolen from my property in May. She was microchipped but even in a place as small as Tasmania, it hasn't helped to bring her home. And sadly, she hasn't had the media coverage that Harry has had either. I couldn't even get the police interested, let alone the media.

Any leads at all on this ?

The news of Harry is everywhere. I live rural in a tiny place but there are posters up at the garage & general store & there are only 9 businesses in the area.

Surely everyone must be aware by now. I just wish there was some news of progress. Someone, somewhere must know who has this dog.

re microchipping. KNow someone who had their puppy stolen at Glenelg last Nov (I did post on here about it they were visiting from Victoria). When they tried contacting vets, councils etc they found not being microchipped meant that even if the dog did turn up there was no way to confirm any ownership and therefore it was very limited on what could be done if a similar dog did turn up in the clinics especially.

And the media wouldn't touch that story either apart from a single letter to the editor in the weekly free paper.