Adelaide - Dog Swimming Spots

JerichoMika

My two goldies and I moved to Adelaide from Melbourne this year. They used to love swimming at Frankston Beach with the mostly calm waters of the bay.

Yesterday, during our brief spell of awesome weather, I took them to where Christies Beach meets O'Sullivan Beach only to have my boy goldie, who loves to play in calm water past any breaking waves, tell me with his nonverbals that the waves were simply too big to swim over/through.

I am hoping for some ideas of where I can take my two swimming, preferably in Adelaide's southern suburbs. It doesn't have to be a beach - a lake, river or water hole is fine, as long as there are places where their feet won't touch the ground. The boy is fine off lead. The girl is not and stays on long lead the whole time.

Thanks for your help!

Sellicks Beach/Silversands beach, down past Aldinga. You have to choose the day well, some days are calm others arent.

Kingston Park/Seacliff Beach. Again you need to choose the day well, but it is generally calmer than Silversands.

You have to pick the days you go because being a gulf there can be swells, it can also be dead calm, agree with Ravyk about Seacliffe as generally north of Marino is a bit calmer (knowledge from my boating/fishing days).

All along the coast line in summer you will get an afternoon sea breeze that comes through about 11:00am

My two goldies and I moved to Adelaide from Melbourne this year. They used to love swimming at Frankston Beach with the mostly calm waters of the bay.

Yesterday, during our brief spell of awesome weather, I took them to where Christies Beach meets O'Sullivan Beach only to have my boy goldie, who loves to play in calm water past any breaking waves, tell me with his nonverbals that the waves were simply too big to swim over/through.

I am hoping for some ideas of where I can take my two swimming, preferably in Adelaide's southern suburbs. It doesn't have to be a beach - a lake, river or water hole is fine, as long as there are places where their feet won't touch the ground. The boy is fine off lead. The girl is not and stays on long lead the whole time.

Thanks for your help!

Hi JenchoMika .......

Welcome to Adelaide ..

I can vouch for seacliff its a great beach .. and if you are lucky you can see the local dolphins . Also you can walk from seacliff to glenelg if you are wanting to do a big workout its all so nice along that stretch of beach .

Cheers