Ping String Ground Barrier

Lucy's mama

Hi. I am looking at purchasing a ping string ground barrier kit so I can move it from place to place as required. It is not easy to afford though so I'm thinking of going for the budget battery operated kit. Does anyone have one and how do you find it? Is it powerfull enough to deter an excited dog?

I will be using it to protect a freshly planted hedge of tiny plants where Banjo currently fence runs and fence fights, just till they are big enough he can't trample them, so in a situation he has probably been finding highly rewarding for some time.

I have a ping string that can use either D batteries x 6 (I think) or a car battery.

I use an old car battery and it works great, my dogs will charge right up to it and stop on a dime so they don't make contact. I don't even have to have it hooked to the battery anymore, they wont touch that white tape.

Thanks.

Aidan - I'm sure that tutorial when they do it will be very interesting. My plants are ordered arriving next week though. I use bits of dog wire or chain wire for small areas, but this is an 80m stretch of fencing - I would have to do a proper fencing job with dog wire to keep him out, if it sags he goes over, if it's not pegged down he goes under. Also not as simple to move to the next stretch once the first lot are established either.

I bought a battery powered Energiser, the grunt tape, and the tread ins and did it all myself. Run if off a car battery.

Mine wasn't the pingg string though, I got all my gear through Petstock....pretty sure mine is the Dakin BT2, which will power up to 2klms.

Mine is to keep the dogs off the back fence, which is a farm type fence (chicken wire & wire strands).

Very effective, I run 4 strands as I have a small dog, and one that can jump. :laugh:

My back fence is very long, we are on 3/4 of an acre.

Edited by Cazablanca

Can't remember the name of mine but I guess its similar to ping string. It runs on DD batteries and I have 2 strands of it round where I keep the chickens.

Works fine, in fact I dont even keep it turned on anymore, they only needed one zap and now dont go near it at all.