Puppy Farm Awareness Rally

Nekhbet

Souff this council WIL NOT reg pups that are not micro chipped and if not reg with vicdog[x breed] MUST be also desexed.

Does this include maditory desexing all working dogs, like all the working kelpies, border collies and koolies that are not registered in the ANKC?

Sorry but which council is this?

its Wellington shire in all its glory. the one that has igornant stubborn councillors that you can't tell. they mock the public when they write in complaining about puppy farms and why they have so many. their excuse is, there aren't any residents that object. my :confused:

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well go get them to get off their BUMS and get them to do something about it. Surely it is one of the reasons they get a salary.

yep well write to Wellington shire and see the response you get. its a circus in there. the councillors mock you. they are all lazy.

What about starting a class action for dog owners who are given no choice by shire councils but to desex their dogs when the dogs have less longevity and more health problems which can be scientifically proven to be as a result of desexing ?

so.....let pet owners make a choice whether they desex or not? if you are vicdog you are exempt you just have to provide your membership card.

gee if that was the case there'd be a few rubbing their hands together in glee breeding their pet? on the other hand, they've had those laws in place for many years and still we see backyard breeders and people breeding their pets for money left right and centre as was reported on another thread..

Yes let pet owners make educated choices on whether they want to desex their pets or not.

Well go get them to get off their BUMS and get them to do something about it. Surely it is one of the reasons they get a salary.

yep well write to Wellington shire and see the response you get. its a circus in there. the councillors mock you. they are all lazy.

No, write letters to the editor of the local newspaper, makes more aware of the situation.

No, write letters to the editor of the local newspaper, makes more aware of the situation.

done that!!!!!!!

Surely to God we are not still telling people only those who are members of Vicdogs have the right to make educated choices on whats best for their dogs are we?

By th eway you're wrong I asked exactly this question last week and have the answer in writing fromthe boss cocky of this department himself.

If you want exemptions for desexing the DOG has to be registered with Vic dogs as well as you.If you want exemptions with costs the dog has to be registered as well as you. If however, you want to have exemptions to own and breed up to 10 fertile bitches you can be a member and not have one single purebred dog and breed cross bred ones. betya didnt know that !

Edited by Steve

What about starting a class action for dog owners who are given no choice by shire councils but to desex their dogs when the dogs have less longevity and more health problems which can be scientifically proven to be as a result of desexing ?

so.....let pet owners make a choice whether they desex or not? if you are vicdog you are exempt you just have to provide your membership card.

gee if that was the case there'd be a few rubbing their hands together in glee breeding their pet? on the other hand, they've had those laws in place for many years and still we see backyard breeders and people breeding their pets for money left right and centre as was reported on another thread..

Yes let pet owners make educated choices on whether they want to desex their pets or not.

im sorry but :confused: dont really agree with that, so shoot me :laugh: thats just the thing too, half the time you are dealing with people that don't want to be educated, can't be bothered being educated. (like the silly councillors that i spoke to numerous times).

Edited by toy dog

im sorry but :confused: dont really agree with that, so shoot me :laugh:

Why?

I have replied in green font.

One of the greatest problems we have to overcome is, that it is not illegal to breed and sell dogs.

It is in the manner in the way some of these dogs are kept is our problem.

Let us say if I build a huge STATE OF THE ART breeding kennels and put in it Registered PURE BREEDS of dogs that I wanted to breed, would you object ? No.

If the appropriate health tests were carried out and only those that pass the health tests were used for breeding would you object. No.

Would you object if I had a vet in residence. If not in residence on 24/7 stand by. Only if you wont let me come and work there too!

Would you object if these kennels were open to the public's scrutiny 7 days a week. Can we just make those afternoon visits, so we get enough time to clean up in the am?

Would you object if I followed my States Controlling Bodies code of Ethics. No.

Would you have any objection if after X amount of litters I de sexed a bitch and placed it out for adoption. Generally no. However if you have the exceptional "Old Sally" there who just lives to be a mother and will drive everyone nuts if you desex her before her time, then I would like an exception to be made for her.

I am fairly sure the sane and reasonable persons would answer no.

So we have established that if done correctly the majority have NO objection to the breeding of dogs.

Now lets reverse the situation, would you object, of course you would and I would be at the head of the list.

So we have now established what we object about, the way in which some of these dogs are kept not to breeding of them.

Think.......think..........think.........................

Hey!, don't we have organisations that deal with cruelty cases,

Wait a minute, don't we have councils and shires that have rules and regulations that deal with any matters that arise from bad situations.

Well go get them to get off their BUMS and get them to do something about it. Surely it is one of the reasons they get a salary. I think that is an excellent idea. If they are not earning their salary and doing the job well, then replace them with new staff. Standard commercial procedure in all successful businesses.

im sorry but :confused: dont really agree with that, so shoot me :laugh:thats just the thing too, half the time you are dealing with people that don't want to be educated, can't be bothered being educated. (like the silly councillors that i spoke to numerous times).

And like the animal rights and some breeders - worse the ones who think they are already educated enough.

i'll elaborate down there, as i've been saying for years, we need a group of us to go lobby that shire to get them to take notice, one person can't really achieve much or just a few, its needs more people. people that actually live there and be protesting. what this shire is saying is that many are protesting but its coming from outside the shire not the people that actually live there. whether this is true or not i have no idea as i say what i got told by a few councillors in there turned out to be bogas information. there's too much political crap going on down there and back patting behind the scenes. and everyone is forgetting about the dogs and their suffering.

I have replied in green font.
One of the greatest problems we have to overcome is, that it is not illegal to breed and sell dogs.

It is in the manner in the way some of these dogs are kept is our problem.

Let us say if I build a huge STATE OF THE ART breeding kennels and put in it Registered PURE BREEDS of dogs that I wanted to breed, would you object ? No.

If the appropriate health tests were carried out and only those that pass the health tests were used for breeding would you object. No.

Would you object if I had a vet in residence. If not in residence on 24/7 stand by. Only if you wont let me come and work there too!

Would you object if these kennels were open to the public's scrutiny 7 days a week. Can we just make those afternoon visits, so we get enough time to clean up in the am?

Would you object if I followed my States Controlling Bodies code of Ethics. No.

Would you have any objection if after X amount of litters I de sexed a bitch and placed it out for adoption. Generally no. However if you have the exceptional "Old Sally" there who just lives to be a mother and will drive everyone nuts if you desex her before her time, then I would like an exception to be made for her.

I am fairly sure the sane and reasonable persons would answer no.

So we have established that if done correctly the majority have NO objection to the breeding of dogs.

Now lets reverse the situation, would you object, of course you would and I would be at the head of the list.

So we have now established what we object about, the way in which some of these dogs are kept not to breeding of them.

Think.......think..........think.........................

Hey!, don't we have organisations that deal with cruelty cases,

Wait a minute, don't we have councils and shires that have rules and regulations that deal with any matters that arise from bad situations.

Well go get them to get off their BUMS and get them to do something about it. Surely it is one of the reasons they get a salary. I think that is an excellent idea. If they are not earning their salary and doing the job well, then replace them with new staff. Standard commercial procedure in all successful businesses.

Knowing me half the old Sally's would be living in the house. :confused:

im sorry but :confused: dont really agree with that, so shoot me :laugh:thats just the thing too, half the time you are dealing with people that don't want to be educated, can't be bothered being educated. (like the silly councillors that i spoke to numerous times).

And like the animal rights and some breeders - worse the ones who think they are already educated enough.

:laugh: is this being directed at me?

Why would it be?

im sorry but :confused: dont really agree with that, so shoot me :laugh:

Why?

steve i already said why.

you really shouldnt be inviting anyone to start shooting. plenty do it anyway without provocation. so dont worry bullets fly anywhere doggie people meet, greet, and remarkably frequently,,,,,,snarl and start snapping

often find myself thinking BSL was soooo way off target, its homo sapiens they really meant to control surely ?

Edited by asal

Why would it be?

ok this is getting crazy. im done.

im sorry but :confused: dont really agree with that, so shoot me :rofl:thats just the thing too, half the time you are dealing with people that don't want to be educated, can't be bothered being educated. (like the silly councillors that i spoke to numerous times).

Why would it be?

ok this is getting crazy. im done.

odd ???? u sounded perfectly sane, non threathening to moi???? did i miss something :laugh: