Ticks In Windsor, Colo Heights, Wilberforce Area Of Nsw

bark

Will be heading out to Windsor, Wilberforce and Colo Heights area in Dec with a group of friends and our dogs for some bush walks. We will be applying Advantix fortnightly but I'm unsure whether this region is a "bad tick" area or not ... or any worse than other bush areas of Sydney.

Does anyone know what the ticks are like in this area?

Will be heading out to Windsor, Wilberforce and Colo Heights area in Dec with a group of friends and our dogs for some bush walks. We will be applying Advantix fortnightly but I'm unsure whether this region is a "bad tick" area or not ... or any worse than other bush areas of Sydney.

Does anyone know what the ticks are like in this area?

I have live in around these areas all my life and I have yet to have 1 of mine get any, touch wood *touches head*, but others have had them and some people are always getting them , i tick rinse and check them after bush walks and swims . Dont think it is a overly bad area, but they are around

I lived there for 10 years or so and the dogs on the property (GSD's) were probably not treated for tick/flea prevention. Never heard of it being a big problem.

More likely to run into a red bellied black thou they were pretty OK. I liked these better than the brown snakes I met out near Orange. They were scary!

Have a nice time. We used to ride horses out on the various fire trials and such. It is a lovely place - wish I was still there.

Basically, ticks can be a problem anywhere east of the Blue Mountains. More common in bushy or coastal areas but I wouldn't ever think you'll be 100% safe. Our cat got one from a suburban backyard (though next to a little park) in the Hills District of Sydney.

The Advantix will help and I'd be doing a tick search that night.