How Thrilling

Loving my Oldies

I saw a gorgeous bird through my kitchen window, grabbed the camera, crept to the sliding doors ..... managed the last couple about two metres from him (the clothes line is the neighbour's not mine - exposed since I had an aggressive pruning session a few weeks ago :rofl: ;) ). He flew off after the last pic but at least he isn't sitting in the turpentine laughing at me.

2010KookaburraonDeck001.jpg

2010KookaburraonDeck002.jpg

2010KookaburraonDeck003.jpg

2010KookaburraonDeck004.jpg

2010KookaburraonDeck005.jpg

And here's looking at you too - LOL:

2010KookaburraonDeck006.jpg

Edited by Mother Moocher

We do have lots around here and people in the next street have bird feeders out so to go by there place in the late afternoon is wonderful.

First time I've actually seen a Kookaburra on my deck railing. I often hear them laughing in the trees and I swear they are laughing at me getting tangled in all the dog leads - :thumbsup::rofl:

Actually when I went out to bring in the dog bowls I saw one of the bed had bird poop on it. It couldn't have come from a bird sitting on the railing, so the cheeky thing/s must have actually been on the bed and picking at the remains of dog food -- raw meat so they would have enjoyed it.

Have to say I thought the deck, what we can see of it, looked lovely too. I could just imagine sitting out there enjoying the shade and watching the birds.

I love it, Kirislin. I guess being a Queenslander, I was used to verandahs and patios (as we called them in my youth :love::rofl: ) and have desperately wanted a large deck for years. It faces West so is very hot in Summer, but perfect in the mornings and on Sunny winter's days.

As it is gloriously sunny today, I threw more bones into the back yard this morning, and all I have seen so far are crows - LOL. Big enough to carry the dogs away :p :p :laugh: