Multigeneration Labradoodle?

Shmurps

Isn't that a recent shot of one of the Village People?
I would own a poodle. A standard, obviously, not one of those girly ones like Churchill had.

You'd be missing out then Aidan.. I find the minatures quite different to the standards in temperament and prefer the smaller dog. Clearly Churchill displayed the same discerning taste. :laugh:

Of course many a manly man will opt for the Toy Poodle! Easier to carry on the Harley.

Biker-760090.jpg

I think its fairly safe to say that men who are into strutting around in studs and leather tend to go for other breeds of dog. :eek:

pit_bull.jpg

Edited by poodlefan

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Winston Churchill, Patrick Swayze and George Washington chose to own poodles, you'd think most guys would be able to hack it. :eek:

Hardly what you'd call girly men were they? :laugh:] quote

Even Eric Bana is a proud Standard poodle owner.

Edited by capanash

Wow just read all 19 pages *needs to go and have a nap*

A few pages back someone asked why all the hype about lax x poodles not being bred for a 'purpose' and used the pug as an example.... How they werent bred for any particular purpose but to be a great pet- and I am sure there are other breeds that were created for looks and the ability to be a family pet alone.

(Sorry I am NOT reading through all these pages again to find the exact post)

Anyway I noticed no one replied and would like to hear the thoughts on this?

btw I am not into DD's at all and have personally found any lab x poodles I have met to be very dopy looking- like the special ed of the dog world lol

Now c'mon, how could you call this ugly? This is Marley and his famous cheeseburger impersonation.

"Where'd the cute piccy go??"

:laugh::eek::eek: ;) :bottom:

Don't sweat it people, I've been told my Cavaliers are "weird looking".

Funnily enough, there are many breeds that I know I would never own and didn't find to my liking UNTIL I started going to Dog Shows. There I can see beautiful examples of most breeds and each is very special in it's own right.

Once upon a time a Poodle X was a popular low cost pet that was often bred "accidently' or simply due to the fact that people didn't desex their pets. They were usually placed free to a suitable home and that was the end of it. People had a cute "mutt" as their family dog. I don't really fully understand how the "DD" managed to pull the big bucks in the first place???? Seriously was it just because of the combination of the two breed names sounding "fun" and "trendy".

Edited by LizT

LizT - Problem is more and more people genuinely believe they are a new breed. No matter how many times you tell them they are just mixes.

I have been borderline abused by a lady in a shop because I had my puppies ears taped... I put up with it and just answered with a lot of "yes, right, ok, yes

Yet as soon as I just mentioned to her that her "Maltipoo" wasn't a real breed she stormed off.

No idea how you could pick a scruffy mutt over this

LOL, it's a good thing everyone's different. I've got to say, I don't find either the labrador or the poodle aesthetically appealing at all. But apparently people exist that don't think staffords are handsome either (!)

:eek: Definitely a good thing.

I find it funny that other people took offence to this, yet I didn't and it was directed at me...

;D you'll have to meet my Labs some day, they're change your mind. I've already pulled some of the Spitz people into my lab loving world :laugh:

A doctor I used to work with was telling me that his "Cavoodle" will soon be a new breed...in a few years

Anyone who has ever worked with doctors will know that you can never convince them they are wrong, apparently he still goes on about our conversation weeks after the fact lol

LizT - Problem is more and more people genuinely believe they are a new breed. No matter how many times you tell them they are just mixes.

I have been borderline abused by a lady in a shop because I had my puppies ears taped... I put up with it and just answered with a lot of "yes, right, ok, yes

Yet as soon as I just mentioned to her that her "Maltipoo" wasn't a real breed she stormed off.

Before moving to VIC I was doing some part-time grooming for a popular and busy shop on the mid north coast of NSW. Lot's and lot's of 'oodles' there. The owners of these dogs can be VERY aggressive if you mention that their pride and joy is a cross bred. One MUST at all times refer to them as the 'oodle' that they are. The breeders of these oodles have the general public convinced that these crosses are superior to purebred dogs for many reasons and the ignoramous's that buy them believe every word of it.

I have a JRT bitch and she was at work with me one day and a client came in and wanted to know if I would like to use their male to breed with her. He was a sweet, friendly dog and they loved him and that's all they thought was important. Another staff member was (still is) a registered breeder (different breed) and she looked over their male and told them that he had a undershot jaw and should never be bred from. Well, they were seriously unimpressed with her! They just couldn't understand why the undershot jaw should stop them from breeding with him.

Someone (was it Don B?) has made all the ignorant people out there think that when you cross breed dogs that you will get only the best from both breeds. (Apparently all the 'undesirable' traits vanish when 2 breeds are crossed) Unfortunately lot's of people believe this crap.

The majority of the general public have no idea about dogs in general let alone pedigrees, registered breeders, papers, etc! Most people I speak to with labs or goldens etc. always tell me their dog is a purebred. Once you ask them if they got it from a registered breeder and did they get papers with it the eyes start to glaze over.

Before moving to VIC I was doing some part-time grooming for a popular and busy shop on the mid north coast of NSW. Lot's and lot's of 'oodles' there. The owners of these dogs can be VERY aggressive if you mention that their pride and joy is a cross bred. One MUST at all times refer to them as the 'oodle' that they are. The breeders of these oodles have the general public convinced that these crosses are superior to purebred dogs for many reasons and the ignoramous's that buy them believe every word of it.

I have a JRT bitch and she was at work with me one day and a client came in and wanted to know if I would like to use their male to breed with her. He was a sweet, friendly dog and they loved him and that's all they thought was important. Another staff member was (still is) a registered breeder (different breed) and she looked over their male and told them that he had a undershot jaw and should never be bred from. Well, they were seriously unimpressed with her! They just couldn't understand why the undershot jaw should stop them from breeding with him.

Someone (was it Don B?) has made all the ignorant people out there think that when you cross breed dogs that you will get only the best from both breeds. (Apparently all the 'undesirable' traits vanish when 2 breeds are crossed) Unfortunately lot's of people believe this crap.

Dont you know? undesirable traits are recessive :laugh:

I think its fairly safe to say that men who are into strutting around in studs and leather tend to go for other breeds of dog. :eek:

pit_bull.jpg

I'd also say you can be wrong.

I have friends in the biker scene and one of them has a white female toy poodle called Sweet Stuff. She wears a custom pink leather collar with reversed zirc's spelling out her name {reversed meaning they point outwards} and a pink fluffy "helmet" shaped hat.

He's a big supporter of ending BSL and calls Sweet his "pretty pitty"

Big tough and manly my a$$ :laugh:

I have friends in the biker scene and one of them has a white female toy poodle called Sweet Stuff. She wears a custom pink leather collar with reversed zirc's spelling out her name {reversed meaning they point outwards} and a pink fluffy "helmet" shaped hat.

I want photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily for you the big club meeting is in two months and she's often there. I might attend and get some nice pics off the professional photo man for you. She a real cutie, the other less "refined" :eek: men call her the club *s word* because as soon as she sees someone she trots over and dances until they notice her {standing on her hind legs and turning in circles}She can turn about 6 times before she has to set down, but if you pretend to ignore her she'll keep doing it

She's a clown :eek:

LOL, it's a good thing everyone's different. I've got to say, I don't find either the labrador or the poodle aesthetically appealing at all. But apparently people exist that don't think staffords are handsome either (!)

and we call those people wrong :laugh:

36813_1561169633707_1369315100_1513557_7615480_n.jpg

:eek: Definitely a good thing.

I find it funny that other people took offence to this, yet I didn't and it was directed at me...

;D you'll have to meet my Labs some day, they're change your mind. I've already pulled some of the Spitz people into my lab loving world :laugh:

Maybe when you have been around Labradors as long as some of us you too will get sick and tired of the Lab bashing in any shape or form. Seriously doubt your Labradors will be able to convert a person that does not find Labradors "aesthetically appealing". l don't expect everyone to like/love Labradors, although it would probably be a better world if they all did :eek:, but I believe Staranais's post to be deliberately provocative to both Labrador and Poodle owners, particularly, when this thread is about the LD cross mutt.

Edited by labsrule

Funnily enough my Staffords don;t care if you think they are pretty or not. A pat's a pat and anyone is a target, regardless of how ugly you think they are LOL

I'd not call a Stafford "pretty" but they have their own brand of charm and the "Stafford Smile" is hard to resist.

Funnily enough my Staffords don;t care if you think they are pretty or not. A pat's a pat and anyone is a target, regardless of how ugly you think they are LOL

I'd not call a Stafford "pretty" but they have their own brand of charm and the "Stafford Smile" is hard to resist.

Very true Staffords or Poodles are not my cup of tea, but gee there are some stunning dogs out there of both breeds. We are regularly beaten in Group by the stunning Poodles, they are poetry in motion, and the Staffords in my view are just charmers and beautiful. Actually I cant say I see any breed as ugly ( although I know a few people think mine is ) All dogs have something and thank godness for that and that we all like our own breeds for what they are.

J