Going From 1 Dog To 2?

PoppyDog

Thanks everyone.

I was talking to OH this afternoon and I think the end of the year *MAY* be the right time for us.

My work closes of xmas/new year for 2 weeks and we plan to be at home for those 2 weeks so that would be the perfect time to settle in a puppy!

Plus Poppy will be 1 on the 6th of Dec so we feel thats a nice age gap. :thumbsup:

So jealous of you for deciding to get another puppy :crazy:

Elbie's almost seven months now and I would love a second dog but my husband almost had a heart-attack when I said I mentioned my wish :mad At first he thought I was joking, but when he realised I was serious, he went into shock. I guess it's because Elbie was such a tough learning-curve for us both and we have both spent huge amounts of time working with him.

I'm not sure we will ever end up getting a second puppy but my "wish" list:

- shiba inu - too much dog for us alas, but I do love them a LOT and I love that they're as beautiful and cute grown up as they are as puppies and they're not 'huge'

- pound puppy of indeterminate or determinate heritage

Top of my list though is a Noonbarra kelpie. Elbie despite being kelpie/border collie is very kelpie in his ways and I've read so much about kelpies and learned to love them so much - and the Noonbarra kelpies look and sound fabulous to me. Ah well. :rofl: I'll add a Noonbarra kelpie to my Christmas list ;)