Same Sex Agression?

Alfie02

Hi again :laugh: ,

After having such great responses to the labbies and Goldies thread (I have always wanted to know the differences, and now I do, yay :laugh: ), I wanted to start another thread about two other breeds that are completely different but I keep reading the same thing about them. In both the Dalmation and Bullmastiff I have read that the males of each breed, in gerneral do not get along with other dogs of the same sex very well. So is this true? Would socilization make a difference to this? I have met a beautiful dalmation who loved all other dogs, so was he just an exception to the rule?

Thanks!

I have a male dally, he is 9 and i have had him since a pup( byb).

I also have a male bt and male cattle x.

My dally is rock solid with other dogs, he is the perfect dog( unless you are a cat :laugh: )

I have lost count at the amount of fosters i have had, mainly male, some entire, and never had any issue's.

I trust him 100%.

However, i have also never met another dally like him, others have been snappy and nervous. :rofl:

my main man appollo :laugh:

And with fosters :rofl:

post-3531-1283247699_thumb.jpg

post-3531-1283247722_thumb.jpg

I cant help you with the answers but are you sure its just the males in these two breeds that have issuses with the same sex? My experience in breeds that tend to have "same sex" issues, the females are often far worse at have issues with other females.

juice wonderful photos of your beautiful boy, and lovely fosters too :laugh: Thats interesting to know that he is great with other dogs.

julzjc, I thought it was male, but I might be wrong :laugh: ? If so I wonder if socilization would help sort the same sex agression between both sexes same sex aggression?