Labbies And Goldies

Alfie02

Biggest difference in personality I have noticed is that a majority of the Goldies I have met tend to be much softer than Labs.

Labradors tend to be much quicker to bounce back, rather than Golden Retrievers who I have found to be softer in temperament and attitude.

I think of Labs as being very resilient. As opposed to Goldies who will take things much harder and react more.

I know they exist but I have yet to meet an aggressive Labrador, stupid, boofy, out of control, over excited Labs though, I've met too many! :(

I have however met a few aggressive Goldens. Seems to me that a Labrador will bounce back from bad experiences much quicker than a Goldie.

Just my opinion though.

Down at my local park we have a few dominant aggressive labs. Charge and pin dogs at the neck sorta thing, starting fights if the other dog doesn't instantly submit. In fact the most aggressive dogs at our park are labs, but like someone at the park remarked the other day, that's probably just because there are a lot of labradors. There are plenty of over-excited labs and goldens, but the labs seem to be a bit more hyper and often fat lol. Worst thing is, every now and then, someone will show up with a healthy looking lab, and people will start talking about how it's too skinny...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

You guys are so funny!!

Don't worry, my heart belongs to Goldies! Especially the blondies (obviously).

Maybe I'll just change my wardrobe to all white instead of black!! :p

:laugh: I changed our lounge from cream to charcoal! Cause I couldn't handle the fur. looks like I'm destined to stay with black labs now :mad

A home isn't complete without a yellow one, BM! :shrug: You soon learn to not care about the different coloured hair!

:shrug:

You guys are so funny!!

Don't worry, my heart belongs to Goldies! Especially the blondies (obviously).

Maybe I'll just change my wardrobe to all white instead of black!! :p

:laugh: I changed our lounge from cream to charcoal! Cause I couldn't handle the fur. looks like I'm destined to stay with black labs now :mad

A home isn't complete without a yellow one, BM! :rofl: You soon learn to not care about the different coloured hair!

I second that RS, i like to think of it as always having my girls with me no matter where i go :(

I second that RS, i like to think of it as always having my girls with me no matter where i go :laugh:

Me too :p I get to work and low and behold, Ruby is there with me too! I just find traces of her here and there throughout the day. Not an overload or anything, I do know how to keep work clothes relatively hair free and not look like the crazy and unclean dog lady! But the odd hair will always come with me :mad

The head of the flat coat is quite different to that of the lab and goldie (which i find very similar).

They also tend to be leggier than the lab or golden.

There is one that comes down to the beach where we go to and it is water obsessed! It will not leave the water the whole time and soends all of its time fishing. They don't seem as boisterous as a lab or goldie though.

sorry had to add that the drool and slobbering with labs is quite bad.

Yes, the head of the one I met was slightly more "setter-like", but I would say closer to a GR than a Lab.

I would love to know the temperament and exercise differences of a Flat Coat too- the white fur of my Goldie shows up too much on my mostly black clothes! :laugh:

I believe that GRs were originally bred from FCs? But I have heard they are more boisterous than GRs.

Yes, our freinds Flatty was often mistaken for a Gordon Setter X or a cross breed with a bit of Lab............very few people could ever identify her breed :p