Where Can I Get Show Suits

Hunterhound

Hi all

I have been searching department stores & just can't find anything appealing. I certainly don't want to go for after 5 wear & I'm too old for the new 'Millitary look', so can someone point me in the right direction. I normally wear a size 12 but going for a small 14 will give me a bit more room... I hate seeing gaping jackets when people are stacking their dogs.

I keep checking for items that are fo sale but it appears that most things for sale at the moment are for size 8 - 10 or 16+. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

As I show a bloodhound with a dark saddle, I can't go for pants or skirts that are too dark

cheers

Hi all

I have been searching department stores & just can't find anything appealing. I certainly don't want to go for after 5 wear & I'm too old for the new 'Millitary look', so can someone point me in the right direction. I normally wear a size 12 but going for a small 14 will give me a bit more room... I hate seeing gaping jackets when people are stacking their dogs.

I keep checking for items that are fo sale but it appears that most things for sale at the moment are for size 8 - 10 or 16+. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

As I show a bloodhound with a dark saddle, I can't go for pants or skirts that are too dark

cheers

Go op shopping!!! best source of show suits :D

I recently got the most beautiful burnt orange coloured YSL pant suit from eBay (Oz) for a terrific price for a genuine, new with tags designer label! Love this suit and I think I got a real bargain :laugh: (excuse my scruffy hair, it was a little windy :))

post-14394-1283168002_thumb.jpg

ETA: Just keep an eye out, there are some gorgeous suits that pop up on eBay if you are patient! :laugh:

Edited by ♥♫PD888♫♥

Do we really need a suit for showing? It's hard to find anything whatsoever in a size eight :rasberry:

No you don't necessarily need a suit - smart pants/skirt and a nice shirt etc in a colour to complement your dog are fine. As long as you look neat, clean and tidy and are aware of how different colours look with your dog (i.e you don't normally wear a black outfit to show a black dog as you will just lose the outline of your dog in front of a black background) then that's fine!

You can get lots of lovely stuff in a size 8 if you look around! I have :laugh:

Op shops i have always found my stuff.. but there are some really good online stores and ebay now which i found some nice suits...

before i bit the bullet and went op shopping, i used to wear a nice skirt that complimented my dog and was easy to run in, with a shirt which complimented the skirt and the dog.

Thanks for all the info....I have looked on Ebay on the odd occasion and even picked up quite a nice jacket. I will have to look at the Facebook options as well....and maybe even an op shop or two!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted

As OP's have suggested eBay & Op shops are great places to look-I recently bought 2 size 8 jackets on eBay (Perri Cutten & Country Road) for the princely sum of 99 cents-total with post was $11.00!! Both jackets were as new so there are bargains out there! Also saw at an Op shop yesterday a brand new pair of Sass & Bide cord pants for $12.00, unfortunately couldn't squeeze myself into them-and believe me I tried!