Flyball Looks Fun!

Alfie02

Hi all :)

After seeing how great the Flyball demonstration at Sydeny uni open day was, I am wanting to find out more about it. Are there any flyball clubs around Newcastle NSW? and any requirements to be involved in flyball?

Thanks!

Hi all :)

After seeing how great the Flyball demonstration at Sydeny uni open day was, I am wanting to find out more about it. Are there any flyball clubs around Newcastle NSW? and any requirements to be involved in flyball?

Thanks!

As far as I'm aware there's no flyball clubs in Newcastle. The closest would be on the central coast.

To compete, the dog must be 12 months of age. Most clubs accept dogs for training from 9-12 months of age. Any breed can do flyball.

The comps are run by the Australian Flyball Association so you have you be a member of your club and the AFA. You don't have to be a member of Dogs NSW to compete but if you want to claim your titles, your dog must be registered (main/limited or associate register) and you must be a member of Dogs NSW.

Edited to add - http://www.flyball.org.au/ <--- go here, and there's a list of all the clubs and their contact details under "What's going on" and then "Clubs"

Edited by TerraNik