Undercover At One Of Britains Largest Vet Chains.

julzjc

The Greencross vets are a chain store.

Would never go to the, way to generic and expensive.

Would rather my independant vet who has been treating pets for 25 years.

I don't want to get into a Greencross debate, but it's worth considering that Greencross have bought out dozens of vet practices and hospitals all over the country, including some businesses owned and operated by older vets who have been running their practices for decades and who have stayed on. I don't think it's as easy as saying they are "generic" just because they are under a label, when some of their vets have been in the same practices for many years. I think finding a good vet comes down to the individual veterinary practice and staff and their personal ethics, not their label, in my oppinion.

As I have said before, I work for Greencross, just as a locum nurse, but I'm not trying to speak for bias. But within the Greencross label there are some amazing vets who I've gotten to know, one in particular has been operating in the same building with the same client base for more then 20 years, he just now has a Greencross label on his practice.

I've heard some on here have had bad experiences with Greencross which is unfortunate of course and if I had a bad experience with a vet I too would never return my pets to their practice, but I have worked alongside some very very good vets within the Greencross group, so am a little sad to see some write them off completely.