Not Happy With Dogtainers

HOGWARTZBOXERS

Technically once the pups left you.. They "were on their way". From the OP, they did not elaborate exactly how on their way they were and what time the would reach their destination.

This does not excuse their mistakes, mishandling and poor notifications. While it is sad this happened with you, I am sure all the dog transport companies have made a mistake some time given the volume of animals they transport each day.

Still not good and I hope those pups were not too stressed when they arrived.

If you are flying with a pup, you can order a crate through any of the dog transport people and also with some airlines and a crate will waiting for you at the freight terminal. IF you have your own crate, then you can also book your dog with your own ticket and drop it off at the freight terminal on the way in.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once booked a cat on a flight through Dogtainers and when I turned up with the cat, the person had booked it as departing from Sydney instead of Melbourne!! I KNOW I confirmed Melbourne when I booked it. Thankfully, the staff at Australian Air Express were FANTASTIC! They helped me and managed to get her on a flight anyway so she arrived on time. :D

Ditto.i wouldnt lump them all in the same basket.However i would not use dogtainers out of Brisbane.I used them several times and there were issues and lies told to me about what was supposedly done and it wasnt.Several other people I know have had similar experiences with them.I still use Dogtainers just not Dogtainers Brisbane.

Jetpets all the way here!! And I have found them cheaper than dodgeytainers dogtainers.

I had a pup come from sydney to brisbane 2 weeks ago. the pup was picked up from breeders place and the had a fantastic run through sydney to the airport. They got to the airport in time for the pup to make a flight an hour earlier than scheduled I got a call from the jetpets driver asking if I wanted her on the earlier flight!

Fantastic service! Will be using them again in 3 weeks!

JetPets for me too :thumbsup:

The only time I had a dog travel with Dogtainers the pup missed the connecting flight so had to stay overnight (in the Dogtainer kennels). Then I was abused for organising flights too close together when I rang to find out what was going on! Um, I didn't book the flights - they did! That was a trip to Perth too...

ETA: Dogtainers has also been more expensive everytime I have gotten a quote from them.

Edited by mirawee

I've lost count of the number of dogs I've flown having booked through Dogtainers. Probably 30 odd dogs over the years , all over the country.

I've only had one problem and that was Qantas cancelled a flight from Sydney to Melbourne at the last minute. The pup arrived 45 minutes later on the next flight.

I always book through the Canberra office, they are breeders/exhibitors and take great care with their bookings and the customer service is excellent.

Ditto.i wouldnt lump them all in the same basket.However i would not use dogtainers out of Brisbane.I used them several times and there were issues and lies told to me about what was supposedly done and it wasnt.Several other people I know have had similar experiences with them.I still use Dogtainers just not Dogtainers Brisbane.

Dogtainers Brisbane is Head office for Dogtainers.

I've used Jetpets and until recently found them to be more expensive than Dogtainers.

I've used Dogtainers but only ever book through Dogtainers ACT. I sent a puppy to Japan recently using Dogtainers ACT and was MORE than happy with the service from beginning to end and it was a process that took over a month to accomplish. From the initial lodgement of paperwork in Japan right through to the day the puppy left Tasmania en route to Japan via Sydney, there were no problems whatsoever.

More recently, I've used the services of DOLer wayrod and I have to say that the service (and prices) that I've received from him have been exemplary and I will definitely use him again should the need arise in the future.

It is much easier for flights within Australia to just phone the airline, make the booking yourself on the flight you want & take your dog to the airport.

That way you know it has got there, which flight it will be traveling on for sure & they have your details in case there are any hold ups/cancelled flights etc.

Being told Dogtainers were cheaper I booked through them once. Only the flight, I was to take the dog to the airport.

Not sure if they were cheaper but I found them to be rude, not efficient & they did not call me when they said they would.

Had a hell of a time getting them on the phone with answering machines & mobiles going to message bank.

Easier to do it myself.

Hope your puppies are ok. Not impressive & very worrying for you.

I know it's not viable for some, but this is one of the reasons why I am just going to drive over to Adelaide to pick up my puppy! Should have been easy....an Adelaide to Melbourne direct flight, but still some of these stories are horrible and not something I want to experience.

Didnt know that.Thanks for the info but I would still use them as I have never had a problem out of Perth bar a mix up with crates but if I am getting dogs out of Brisbane I will not use dogtainers fullstop.End of the day its who is competitive in regard to pricing.Jetpets has always been good over here and no problems.The guy that runs it over here is very good.

Can you tell us whats the name of your service?

Didnt know that.Thanks for the info but I would still use them as I have never had a problem out of Perth bar a mix up with crates but if I am getting dogs out of Brisbane I will not use dogtainers fullstop.End of the day its who is competitive in regard to pricing.Jetpets has always been good over here and no problems.The guy that runs it over here is very good.

Can you tell us whats the name of your service?

I've sent you a PM with the details. Hopefully you have received it.

It is much easier for flights within Australia to just phone the airline, make the booking yourself on the flight you want & take your dog to the airport.

That isn't always possible.

And is so much more expensive to book them direct! One of our puppy buyers booked direct through AAE and was given a quote better than Dogtainers or Jetpets so they went direct ... I dropped the pup off and was charged nearly double (you don't pay beforehand) as they had miscalculated the size crate the puppy would require for the trip even though they were given the correct weight for the puppy! Needless to say none of us were impressed and I would never go direct through AAE for unaccompanied flights again.

That isn't always possible.

And is so much more expensive to book them direct! One of our puppy buyers booked direct through AAE and was given a quote better than Dogtainers or Jetpets so they went direct ... I dropped the pup off and was charged nearly double (you don't pay beforehand) as they had miscalculated the size crate the puppy would require for the trip even though they were given the correct weight for the puppy! Needless to say none of us were impressed and I would never go direct through AAE for unaccompanied flights again.

This is one of the problems with using Qantas/AAE, they charge freight including pet transport the greater of 2 ways:

1. actual weight; vs 2. cubic rate

eg. Sydney to Perth (1x 9 kg pup) in a PP40 as actual weight you would be charged 9kg pup + approx 5 kg crate weight= 14kg whereas cubic rate would be based on LxWxH of crate size which equals 21kg. AAE would charge you on the 21 kg option.

Pet Transport companies still usually work out to be the cheaper option to move pets airport to airport, it is a matter of shopping around for the best prices.

Pet Transport companies can undertake your bookings and save you some money and by doing airport to airport transport if something happens and you miss the departure schedule then you can decide on alternative (in consultation with PTC) options better suited to you and your pup/pies.

Edited by wayrod