Dog Rug Dramas

Rileys mum

This is probably a common problem buy I'm at my wits end ( and so is my bank balance)

I have a pointer who is Almost 9 months old. He has a very short coat and gets cold in this weather. My problem is that every rug I put on him gets eaten and destroyed. Chest straps, sides, anywhere his chompers can grasp he chews.

Is there any way to stop him eating his rugs. He only does it when he's put to bed in his crate ( so whenever I'm not around him) it's costing me a fortune lol.

get a different bedding- something into which he can snuggle/make a nest .....cover the crate, and put it somewhere warm?he obviously doesn't like having a coat on :D

Oh- he only CHEWS the coat when alone? First reading I thought he only had teh coat on when he was crated ;)

How big is his crate? Can he easily turn around, etc without rubbing on teh sides?

perhaps the coat catches on the sides, or makes static electricity, and annoys him?

Edited by persephone

My girl doesnt chew hers but could get her older ones off, a friend made her on that goes over her head so doesnt undo at the front and just has a velcro strap round her tummy!

Persephones suggestion seems good!

P.s. I think you need to post some piccys of your boy!

He wears it all night once I'm home from work. he has no issues wearing it when I'm home and Its not an issue of him hating the rug from what I can gather. He isn't stressed about it at all, It's more that he gets bored and eats it cos he can lol. He shows no interest in eating or playing with it while he's around me.

His crate is plenty big for him too :D he's just a cheeky adolescent puppy me thinks lol