Qld Shows

Kaffy Magee

Just wondering, I know there are alot of small shows throughout QLD, what shows, aside from the ones at Durack are larger shows? I am once again considering(not definite) moving to SE QLD, looking anywhere from Brisbane up to Hervey Bay and just want to know roughly what size shows they have in the area, (from Bundaberg,HB, Maryborough, Maroochydore to Caboolture etc). I dont mind doing small shows however I prefer the bigger ones. Cheers :laugh:

there are atleast 6 weekends of shows held at Maryborough each year (prolly more) to me its a bit like a little durack where alot of clubs hold there shows at the same grounds. Fantastic show great canteen and always a fun weekend.

As you already mentioned there is durack.

Depending on where you move to there is also heaps of shows just over the NSW border, Murwillumbah is only an hour from Brisbane and holds many shows there through out the year.

Not sure what you class as big but shows at Maryborough and Murwillumbah both average at 500+.

There is also HEAPS of smaller ag shows that arent too far away (atleast not for me I am in Ipswich) and those ag shows average anywhere from 150 to 450 ish. Usually the further away you go the smaller the show, also friday ag shows generally arent as big!

If you do move and you arent set on moving to the coast have a look around at the Ipswich area and outskirts, it is pretty good price wise (better than most places) and really when you look at it, it is fairly central to everything, your kind of in the middle of almost any direction.

Good luck.

If you have any other questions just ask.

If you do move and you arent set on moving to the coast have a look around at the Ipswich area and outskirts, it is pretty good price wise (better than most places) and really when you look at it, it is fairly central to everything, your kind of in the middle of almost any direction.

And the dog laws don't suck as hard as they do in the rest of SE QLD - on 2000m2 or more you can have 4 dogs, no permit required.

A recent immigrant :laugh:

As a estimate I work on Ag shows having an entry of about 300. Kennel club shows (not including Durack) close to the city or in major city areas (ie Maryborough, Bundaberg) about 600. Shows at Durack with local judges about 500, interstate judges about 750, international judges about 900. Big international judges weekends about 1200.

Hope that helps.

HI CM, yep it sure did :laugh: My OH got cold feet and pulled out :laugh: But he is keen to still go. And just as I have been typing this we have had our offer on a house accepted in Howard(25min out of HB) and contract is being written up. Having said that we are buying it as an investment so there is no pressure to shift up right now. The plan is to do it up and re sell, whether we shift up while doing that or not is another question.