Gumtree

Remarkabull

and by the way, the person is selling dogs through Gumtree. If that doesn't say a) backyard breeder and b) possible scam, I don't know what does.

It could say highly responsible and ethical breeder who believes in giving the public a choice and attempting to make high quality dogs available to good but naive people.

Shock horror - I have advertised on free-ad sites and in free-ad newspapers as well as sites such as trading post. There are some genuinely good people out there who know there's something better than the $200 puppy but really don't know how to go about finding it. They sometimes know there's something called a Canine Control but usually have the idea that it's JUST for show dogs so wouldn't even try searching for links. They sometimes know there's such things as breed clubs (but often don't) so sometimes search for these, but mostly yet again think these are just for show people. Sadly they often believe (usually because a BYB told them) that show breeders won't sell to pet homes as well.

The medium of advertising is irrelevant IMO - it is the quality of the screening that happens prior to sale which counts.

Some people just cannot spell. I don't understand why really but it does not mean that they do not look after their animals overall.

Sometimes just because a person is educated & highly literate does not mean that they are always the best. They will have more chance convincing people they are though.

I have also seen many spelling mistakes from good breeders & posts on this forum, probably made a few myself, but not that bad :scared:

Because the persons spelling is bad does not mean the dogs are inferior, badly fed etc & the pups are vet checked & microchipped.

They may be very nice & the illiterate breeders too.

Dyslexia & being unable to read & spell does not always mean stupid. It's just hard for those of us who find it very easy to understand it.

Does not give the best impression I agree but impression is not all there is to it.

the schools system for a while went along the lines of "have a go" and chucked out teaching spelling. soo a whole generation of kids spell "like it sounds" its not their fault but it can leave you with the screaming jim jams when it comes to trying to teach em how you REALLY spell words.

theres another called Cracker, where my stolen puppies were sold, by i later learned a professional house breaker. it was an eye opener to be sitting in the waiting area of the campbelltown court house and spot the familiar faces seen cruising the streets of our suburb only days and weeks previously i can tell u?

even more chilling a pair hubby had spotted checking out a neighbours a few weeks earlier n had called the police, but they scarpered soon as they saw they were being watched, turned up at the waiting area and began talking to the pair who where waiting to see the magistrate over the theft of our pups.

soo they may live in campbelltown but they do their "shopping" in penrith eh?

maybe its a rule u dont "work" too close to home perhaps?

n the idiots want breeders addresses made public again! these guys aint fictional, theres a whole different world and ethos existing on another parrallel world

Edited by asal

Some people just cannot spell. I don't understand why really but it does not mean that they do not look after their animals overall.

Sometimes just because a person is educated & highly literate does not mean that they are always the best. They will have more chance convincing people they are though.

I have also seen many spelling mistakes from good breeders & posts on this forum, probably made a few myself, but not that bad :scold:

Because the persons spelling is bad does not mean the dogs are inferior, badly fed etc & the pups are vet checked & microchipped.

They may be very nice & the illiterate breeders too.

Dyslexia & being unable to read & spell does not always mean stupid. It's just hard for those of us who find it very easy to understand it.

Does not give the best impression I agree but impression is not all there is to it.

the schools system for a while went along the lines of "have a go" and chucked out teaching spelling. soo a whole generation of kids spell "like it sounds" its not their fault but it can leave you with the screaming jim jams when it comes to trying to teach em how you REALLY spell words.

What an absolute load of rot. I mean seriously. :scared:

I have noticed alot of references to dogs advertised on Gumtree and as I have never previously heard of it I just went and had a look. :scold::rofl::eek:

I am horrified by the ads on this site. There was an ad for Dobermann pups so I clicked and had a closer look and the add looked like it was typed by a 3 year old. Almost every second word was not spelled correctly, including the brand of dog food they use (Eukanuda), the sire (shire) and dam (dame). It went on to say how the parents are from excelent (exlent) bloodlines (in fact the 'shire' has champing ship pappers)! And as an added bonus every 'puppie' will be 'micro chiped' and vet 'cheeked' before going to 'thir' new homes. :scared:

I would love to know where they got 'thir champing ship pappered shire and dame' from?

I also have now seen 2 ads on different sites for 'Colorado Bulldogs'. I have never heard of them before, are they the new in thing?

I don't think that formal education reflects the way a person cares for their dog. "educated" people abuse animals too :eek:

and by the way, the person is selling dogs through Gumtree. If that doesn't say a) backyard breeder and b) possible scam, I don't know what does.

It could say highly responsible and ethical breeder who believes in giving the public a choice and attempting to make high quality dogs available to good but naive people.

Shock horror - I have advertised on free-ad sites and in free-ad newspapers as well as sites such as trading post. There are some genuinely good people out there who know there's something better than the $200 puppy but really don't know how to go about finding it. They sometimes know there's something called a Canine Control but usually have the idea that it's JUST for show dogs so wouldn't even try searching for links. They sometimes know there's such things as breed clubs (but often don't) so sometimes search for these, but mostly yet again think these are just for show people. Sadly they often believe (usually because a BYB told them) that show breeders won't sell to pet homes as well.

The medium of advertising is irrelevant IMO - it is the quality of the screening that happens prior to sale which counts.

I agree Sandra, I recently advertised my Aussie terrier litter on Gum tree & the Trading Post & found 3 fantastic owners from this Ads. The rest of my pups where sold via my Dol listing, but the 3 other people had never even head of Dol.

I would never have found these great owers if I had not of used these sites, so I am glad I did. :scared: