Liverpool Council

julzjc

I know it wont be easy for anyone out of area to help me on this one but I need advise. Ive been ill all this week and only noticed yesterday that liverpool city council burned to the ground, talk about living under a rock when it is only a 5min drive away :o !

1- With my dogs being registered there, does that mean that their chips are now void? After reading all the info I can find it appears ALL paperwork and computer systems were destroyed. Do I take them to the vets and have them scanned for their details? Actually scrap that idea because I remember last time I checked their details that the vet could confirm their chip number but were not able to legally tell me if my details came up (I had to ring liverpoll council to double check). Good thing I did as Bonnies breeder have never changed her chip details and had moved interstate so their number/address was void anyways.

2- I need to change our phone numbers asap, how the heck am I ment to do this now? Can I contact another council to do it for me? Thats assuming their chips still exist somewhere?

Stressing much! Our dogs dont wear collars in the yard as they play far to rough and Bonnie has tightend Indies collar to near choking before(thank god for his thick coat) so collars are not an option. They are never allowed out the front but the odd times they have sneaked out with us they have never left the driveway. But its "sods law" that someone will leave a gate open and they will go missing now with no phone numbers on their chips. Advise guys?

Don't stress - all records are maintained by the NSW Dept of Local Government - your local council is just the mechanism for entering/updating the records. If you had dropped paperwork off that day and it was still sitting in some one's 'in tray' there could be a problem, but anything already on the system wouldn't be impacted.

You can go to any NSW council to make changes to your records. I used to find it hard to get to my council to deal with registrations, so went to the Council where my workplace was.

I need to change our phone numbers asap, how the heck am I ment to do this now? Can I contact another council to do it for me? Thats assuming their chips still exist somewhere?

Download a c3c form, fill in and snail mail to Liverpool Council.

There may be a few days delay in entering your new data but it will be processed.

If you have any probs you are welcome to pm me.

edited to add you can also go to Renbury Farm or any other pound or council.

Edited by lillypilly

Just duck out to Renbury Farm/Transpet at Austral and fix up any changes with them. They are agents and pounds for several councils, including Liverpool. they send all the microchip details straight to the State Government and know far more about the microchip laws and rules than anyone at the council. I always register my puppies directly at Transpet, rather than going to the council anyway.

I wouldn't suggest posting anything to the council at the moment. They have moved the customer service staff to the Library but I'm sure they must all be in turmoil with what is going on. You can post a form with changes directly to the State Government register because the dogs are registered with them, not with the council. NSW councils are advised which dogs are registered in their area, but they really have nothing else to do with the registration any more.

Edited by dancinbcs

Thanks guys. Yeah I didnt think it would work being sent to liverpool council as I believe they only have 10 staff working out of the library. I didnt even think about renbury, thats perfect, I have been meaning to head out that way anyways. Thankyou again everyone, I will try get to renbury tomorrow or Saturday.