My First Try With A Dslr! :)

Beth.

So..... A lovely friend has let me borrow her old 450D Canon camera for a few days!!! Well I am HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my own... I took about 500 photos today :laugh: and about 10 were any good :confused::laugh: But it was just such FUN!!!!!! Sorry, a hit photo heavy but just thought i'd show you - I haven't photoshopped anyof them because I don't know how really, hehe!!! These are the best of a bad bunch, hahaha

LottieBeg.jpg

LottieBeg4.jpg

Lottiebeg3.jpg

LottieBeg5.jpg

Flower.jpg

:confused: Love the second shot :laugh:

I'd love a DSLR one day but don't think I have the photographic ability to justify it :laugh:

You dont have to justify it to anyone. Buy one.

Luvlottie, that's a good friend you have there to lend you her camera. I especially like the second pic and the running one, even though it's blurry, they look so happy and it is full of fun.

:confused: Love the second shot :cry:

I'd love a DSLR one day but don't think I have the photographic ability to justify it :laugh:

You dont have to justify it to anyone. Buy one.

Luvlottie, that's a good friend you have there to lend you her camera. I especially like the second pic and the running one, even though it's blurry, they look so happy and it is full of fun.

Thanks for the nice comments!!! Yep, it was so nice of her (she's recently bought a 5D so she let me borrow her old one!!!!! I can't wait to get my own - I think its all to do with practise and working it out - most of my action shots were a bit blurry unfortunately!! :eek: but i've been doing lots of playing and reading tonight, so will go out armed again tomorrow afternoon and see how I go :laugh:

Thanks for the nice comments!!! Yep, it was so nice of her (she's recently bought a 5D so she let me borrow her old one!!!!! I can't wait to get my own - I think its all to do with practise and working it out - most of my action shots were a bit blurry unfortunately!! :laugh: but i've been doing lots of playing and reading tonight, so will go out armed again tomorrow afternoon and see how I go :laugh:

There's a couple of ways to handle that, you either increase your shutter speed so you freeze the action, or you have a slower shutter speed but pan with your camera meaning you move it to follow your subjects. I love these sorts of shots although I am yet to master them myself. They will be blurred but it shows movement, what you hope to get is at least part of your dog in sharp focus (which I have not managed to do in these examples :confused:)and the background looks like it's moving because you've been panning the camera.

Here's a couple of not great examples. They need to be side on shots, it wont work coming towards you. When they really work they look amazing.

IMG_1247tcs.jpg

IMG_1246tcs.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

It's so addictive, isn't it? I was lucky enough to borrow a camera for ages too, which was great because I knew exactly what I wanted and how to use it when I bought my own.

You've taken some nice pics :confused:

Edited by huga

Guest belgian.blue

Can't wait to see your photos when I get home Luvlottie!

I'm biting the bullet and buying a 55OD [with a twin lens pack] today, well putting it on layby to hopefully bring home within the week :D

Soooooo excited!!!

Can't wait to see your photos when I get home Luvlottie!

I'm biting the bullet and buying a 55OD [with a twin lens pack] today, well putting it on layby to hopefully bring home within the week :)

Soooooo excited!!!

woo hoo another one, those Canons are selling like hotcakes! :D