Is This Misleading Advertising?

keetin

Misleading no as it it did win BIS .

For me personally i have always made sure champ v open show results where clearly advertised as such because for me there is a difference & i only advertise champ wins never open show .

I now plenty that do advertise

30 BIS wins & half would be open show or the biggest BIS winning what ever & again including BIS at open shows but there not misleading but i prefer my dogs successes for advertising to be purely champ show

Each to there own though & as long as it did win that award then they can advertise as they please

Guest CaptainCourageous

See the past discussion http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=179081

It's not misleading in itself, it's all the abbreviation stuff that's silly.

I eventually opted to advertise my dog at stud with "Champion Hapipet Allthatyoudream has been awarded Best In Championship Show at All Breeds level" (to indicate he only needs points for Grand) rather than carry on with BIS RUBISS RUBIOSS MRUBIG etc.

On the issue of dog names and what comes before them, here's an ANKC regulation that's popularly breached on this website:

1.6.4 The word “Australian” is not to be used in conjunction with any “Champion” or “Grand Champion” title, effective 1.1.2000. (05/99, 5.12).

CC

"On the issue of dog names and what comes before them, here's an ANKC regulation that's popularly breached on this website:

1.6.4 The word “Australian” is not to be used in conjunction with any “Champion” or “Grand Champion” title, effective 1.1.2000. (05/99, 5.12)."

Does this mean that even if your dog received it's title before 1.1.2000, and the words "Australian Champion" are on their title certificate & pedigree, that you still cannot use it ?

In an international forum, I think specifying which country the dog titled in is important.

With my imports I do specify he's an Australian Champion.

It's a stupid ANKC rule to not allow them to be Australian Champions cos that is what they are. :/

I don't this BIS Ch is misleading when it's open shows. I've seen dogs win BIS at Open shows that had entries double those of Champ shows. It's still a BIS win.

Open shows are common in some states .

new rules came in about clubs having to hold them so i think in Vic & NSW except for breed clubs they hardly exist any more.

Open shows are shows where trainee judges judge,You win the same awards as a champ show except you don't gain any points towards your champ title.

In WA they also still have the occasional Restricted parade where non titled dog can not compete.

In WA for example people use open shows as training for young stock,ideal show set up for new exhibitors as the numbers are smaller & easier to follow the show procedure

:D An Open show is generally judged by a trainee judge it is NOT counted with points towards a Champion title at all....

Some people do not enter Opens shows due to the fact they do not get points, they have faded away over the years, most breed club will have an open show after or before a Champ show to give the trainee judges a show to judge...

Hope this helps explain......

I think it is misleading.

I think people who think it's a BIS are misleading themselves :)

So Fwarkie hasn't won 2 BIS'??? :D :rofl:

Dumb question but what is an open show and how does it differ from a champ show? Do we have both in the country or is it more a city thing?

I think the major difference for us here is that there are no CC's awarded. Up here they are used mostly to allow our local judges to get their breed numbers up for their groups.

I think it's misleading.

I think that Open shows are extremely useful to both exhibitor and trainee judge. I entered a few in the early days of my showing career and I also entered one recently with the OES i handle because he had been playing up in the ring. It's a great way to sort out or practice in a more relaxed environment.

The one serious Open show I always attend is the one our breed club does. it's a pointscore for our club and not only that but effort goes into finding someone who is interested in the breed who is training for group 5. Last year we had a judge who was once involved in the breed, and the RUIS win was extremely valuable to us, and we were up against the regular OES competition.

However, I don't list the open show wins.. i don't think :laugh: *runs to check*

I think it's ok to list Open show wins in your DOL profile or website providing you say it was an open show.

I don't like it when people list there DOL profile title as - BIS Ch Prefix Dogs Name

Then you do some digging and find out it was an Open show.

I don't think Vic has an All Breeds Open Show at all?

They do have some for groups or breeds but not that many from what I have seen.