Rip Birdy...

lovemesideways

So out at St Ives Showground. Riddick fished something out of the bucket of water and was on his way to bringing it to me when I realised what he was holding had feet and yelled for him to leave it. He spat it out, it was a bird that must have fallen into the water bucket.

Unfortunately before I could get there, my friends dog Regal snatched it up and poor birdy became lunch. :)

RIP Birdy. Though you where an Indian Myna...

Should I be telling Regals owners to watch out for anything? Does he need any vaccinations or worming because of it?

So out at St Ives Showground. Riddick fished something out of the bucket of water and was on his way to bringing it to me when I realised what he was holding had feet and yelled for him to leave it. He spat it out, it was a bird that must have fallen into the water bucket.

Unfortunately before I could get there, my friends dog Regal snatched it up and poor birdy became lunch. :rofl:

Should I be telling Regals owners to watch out for anything? Does he need any vaccinations or worming because of it?

Well... Lottie decided it would be nice to eat a dead bird yesterday, so last night I had the pleasure of washing diarrhoea off her lovely long 'pants' (the fluff around her bum - it's VVERRRY long!!!) :) . She only really had the one bout of it, and she wasn't 'off' in any way, just she had a little diarrhoea from it, so I just kept an eye on her and all is good now!!

Thirding the worming advice; one of mine regularly kills birds in the backyard and drags them inside to eat. I stepped in birdy guts once. :confused:

But this is coincidental because I took one of the rescue dogs from work to Bayview today, and he dragged a grey mynah from the shoreline back to the car without me noticing. :laugh:

Unfortunately before I could get there, my friends dog Regal snatched it up and poor birdy became lunch. :laugh:

Hi Lovemesideways, Rosie has done the same thing, but with a mouse once - I tried to get her to drop it by offering her a lovely treat, but she swallowed the mouse to get the treat. I have now taught her to "leave" which she is pretty good. Rocky of course couldn't care less about other creatures - possums, cats etc could be doing the tango in front of him, but he couldn't care!!