It's Getting Expensive To Go To The Beach

kja

Yes it is so wrong. No different to National Parks in Victoria. If you want to pull up beside the road and phtograph a bird or gum tree in a Parks park, and sell the image on Red Bubble as a card, in a calendar or whatever - between $3-400 for the Permit. I let mine lapse, not enough income generated to justify continually spending that much, as it has to be renewed every year, not just a one-off.

It's a nonsense with the beaches: beach-goers are not concerned by even a large wedding shoot: most people find it interesting rather than being inconvenienced. Same with wedding groups in a forest or park setting: who does it bother? Nasty little revenue-jealousy combination. Good luck to the Sydney protesters, if it was Melbourne I'd go along, not that I think it will change anything.

actually I believe you not only need the permits for National Parks, but also prove you have public liability insurance (in case someone trips over your tripod I guess), and for Ayers Rock, heaven forbid you want to publish a shot there - you need to submit the photos t the elders first, who will examine them, and may or may not give permission based on a range of criteria, such as whether it is a shot that has been done to death or something unique - if they do not give permission, tough luck. Would have no issue paying for a permit as long as the money was actually being used to help at the National Park, and not just lining someones pocket, but given the lack of improvements, doubt that is occuring.