Anybody Know Of Any Gsd Litters For Around The Christmas Period?

MM1990

Hey guys, I'm trying to purchase a short-haired male puppy, preferably black and red, for around the November, December periods. I have tried Freevale, but they are all sold, I tried Jonkanhara, they are all sold, its really frustrating to find a quality Shepherd, as I don't want to support backyard breeders and puppy mills. So if anybody has any suggestions please let me know. I am in Sydney, and don't want to spend over $1100.

Thanks in advance :D

Hey guys, I'm trying to purchase a short-haired male puppy, preferably black and red, for around the November, December periods. I have tried Freevale, but they are all sold, I tried Jonkanhara, they are all sold, its really frustrating to find a quality Shepherd, as I don't want to support backyard breeders and puppy mills. So if anybody has any suggestions please let me know. I am in Sydney, and don't want to spend over $1100.

Thanks in advance :laugh:

ask the kennels that you like, which breeders they would recommend.

It could be that Christmas time is easier to get longer leave when kids are on school holidays etc...makes it easier to get started with a baby puppy - i know i always take a couple of weeks off or a new pup - and if i had kids i'd be planing around school holidays...Christmas being the longest of them...

Just out of curiosity... is this puppy going to be for a present for somebody...?

It will be a family gift, my siblings and I have always wanted a Shepherd, and my parents have agreed to purchase it for us as a christmas present :o

Have you looked at the German Shepherd Club of New South Wales website?

GSD club NSW

Is there a reason why you want the dog around the Christmas period or would you be willing to wait a few more months to find your dog?

I certainly wouldn't mind waiting a few more months, I just would of liked one on christmas, as I would be on holidays from uni, and would have more time to spend with it :o

• 2 months later...

I do understand about the xmas period, it's a lot easier to have extra time off over xmas, I guess you just need to make sure that it's not a xmas puppy for the kids, and by the sounds of it, it isn't. There are a lot of dumpings of dogs in pounds around the xmas period.

I don't know much about GSD's. I do have a friend with one though, I think his is from Allendell, he shows him and he is a very nice looking dog, he does very well in the ring.

You could also try contacting the German Shepherd Dog League. Or go to a few shows, there are a couple of smallish ones in Sydney this weekend at Erskine Park, get talking to some breeders, ask if they know of any good quality litters due soon.

There are 80 puppy listings on DOL at the moment, if you can't find one in NSW, consider going interstate. It's not that hard to send a puppy interstate, and will only add an extra $100-$150 or so to the purchase. We are purchasing our next puppy from interstate. We have also purchased two kittens from Melbourne and sent them up here to Sydney.

It's definitely worth the wait and search if you can :laugh: I found the breeder I liked for my shepherd and put a deposit down before she was even born! I had her nametag engraved 3 months before she came home :D At the time I felt very impatient and wanted her NOW but I waited for the puppies from the breeder who I liked best :o