Removal Of Titles Gained

TrinaJ

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesmaam,

When you get copies of letters from the Rottweiler , Dobe and any other Schutzhund Breeds clubs and National Councils.......could you post them as well? That's assuming those clubs feel strong enough on the subject to write letters on behalf of their breeds and members. Time will tell I guess.

Ive read the letter from GSDCS to ANKC urging them to remove the proposal of the title changes from the October agenda. :laugh:

Ive got a pdf copy if anyone wants it emailed.

Edited by TrinaJ

I've only just got in and opened my emails to see I received a copy as well. I've written back via the sender to let them know I thought it was a great letter and to be honest, went that extra step further than I thought they might. So :laugh:.

I actually requested if it was ok to post it up on DOL as I thought it might help to restore a bit of faith lost in the GSDCA, as it did for me. But I see others here have thought just as well of it as I have and that the letter has already been posted here.

:laugh: GSDCA.

Good letter.

Edited by Erny

I've only just got in and opened my emails to see I received a copy as well. I've written back via the sender to let them know I thought it was a great letter and to be honest, went that extra step further than I thought they might. So :laugh:.

I actually requested if it was ok to post it up on DOL as I thought it might help to restore a bit of faith lost in the GSDCA, as it did for me. But I see others here have thought just as well of it as I have and that the letter has already been posted here.

Good letter.

It's a start Erny and a good springboard now a GSDCA view has been published for them to recognise what they have just preached, firstly beginning with the recognition of Schutzhund as a breeding pre-requisite and the recognition of dogs work titled in Australia.

Fiona :laugh:

Good letter.

It's a start Erny and a good springboard now a GSDCA view has been published for them to recognise what they have just preached, firstly beginning with the recognition of Schutzhund as a breeding pre-requisite and the recognition of dogs work titled in Australia.

News for you Fiona, its always been the view but up against stumbling blocks such as the ANKC , various Govt authorities, RSPCA , the anti dog lobby and the general public in general... not to mention many within our own not wanting to have much to do with it....regardless of breed. But the Schutzhund issue is for another topic as we can't lose sight of what needs to be done now re our pedigrees. You are right when you say 'it's a start'...but lets take ONE small step at a time. The next step and providing he and other ANKC people go, is to showcase as many Schutzhund dogs and owners/compeitors as possible to the ANKC Preident at the up and coming Schutzhund Trial in SA......but for now.....everyone needs to keep the pressure on all Kennel Controls re our pedigrees Schutzhund titles.

Taps:

It's the Schutzhund Australia National Trials being held in Sydney..... Hugh Gent has accepted the invitation to attend the Nationals and to see for himself what is actually involved in these trials.

Fingers crossed that Hugh Gent is impressed.

Great letter from the GSDCA President.

This may be the wrong place to post this - likely as not, it is. But someone feel free to tell me and then copy/paste to the right section of DOL.

I have had emailed to me a flier announcing the availability of a DDR - EAST GERMAN SHEPHERD Bloodline Chart.

An intro to the flier goes ...

"Each Dog Has Its Own Titles and Kör Ratings. Only after many months of remastering each and every photo and negotiating with Australia’s finest printers are we happy to present this beautifully illustrated full colour A-1 (poster size) laminated bloodline chart for your research and pleasure. Better Knowledge = Better Breeding. With this bloodline chart you can now trace your dogs ancestry back to the most influential East German Shepherds and FINALLY - Know Your Dog. ... "

If anyone is interested in purchasing or knowing more about this Bloodline Chart, please let me know your email address and I'll send it on to you.

This Bloodline Chart has nothing to do with me - ie I have no vested interest in it.

Edited by Erny

Good letter.

News for you Fiona, its always been the view but up against stumbling blocks such as the ANKC , various Govt authorities, RSPCA , the anti dog lobby and the general public in general... not to mention many within our own not wanting to have much to do with it....regardless of breed. But the Schutzhund issue is for another topic as we can't lose sight of what needs to be done now re our pedigrees. You are right when you say 'it's a start'...but lets take ONE small step at a time. The next step and providing he and other ANKC people go, is to showcase as many Schutzhund dogs and owners/compeitors as possible to the ANKC Preident at the up and coming Schutzhund Trial in SA......but for now.....everyone needs to keep the pressure on all Kennel Controls re our pedigrees Schutzhund titles.

I could say that is exactly true Tapferhund when the GSD clubs and GSDCA openly publish policies of an anti-Schutzhund nature and recognition of, but it is definitely a start in the right direction and the fact that the ANKC have taken up the invitation to attend the Schutzhund event in Sydney is a promising sign.

Fiona ;)

Good letter.

Fiona :rofl:

I could say that is exactly true Tapferhund when the GSD clubs and GSDCA openly publish policies of an anti-Schutzhund nature and recognition of, but it is definitely a start in the right direction and the fact that the ANKC have taken up the invitation to attend the Schutzhund event in Sydney is a promising sign.

Fiona :rofl:

I hope it all goes well Fiona ...I really do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well its a month away. One dog looses concentralion heeling, the other dog doesnt really do a long stay nor drop on the move. I also loose both dogs in the group.

Considering that till the trial there are 4 training sessions and Im a total slacko and dont do much at home I dare say it will be a mirracle if any of the dogs can be ready.

And entries close in a week or so....

But I can assure everyone that the BBQ will be awesome, as Im ready to cook :laugh:

Anyone have copies as yet of "any" letters surfacing from the Rottie clubs National Council or the Dobe clubs re their thoughts on the matter to the ANKC???????????????????

I seriously hope they and others are not leaving it ALL UP TO the GSDCA to fight this (their) cause.?

I dont know about the rottie clubs but before you ask Tapf, I have already told you that the NSW Dobermann club doesnt meet till October so there will be nothing drawn till then, and even if there will it might be way to late as the ANKC conference is in October.

However from what I understand the National body and all clubs have been notified about the isssue. Can not say what other states are doing about it, as I simply dont know.

I dont know about the rottie clubs but before you ask Tapf, I have already told you that the NSW Dobermann club doesnt meet till October so there will be nothing drawn till then, and even if there will it might be way to late as the ANKC conference is in October.

I would have thought, if an important issue arose between meeting dates, that a special general meeting could be called, so that such issues could be addressed.

I know that is how it would be dealt with in the GSD clubs.

Perhaps the constitution of the Dobe Club does not allow for this?

Since this issue raised its ugly head a month ago, there would have been plenty of time to do this, and there still probably is.

Edited by Echo