Removal Of Titles Gained

TrinaJ

Thats very handy considering they want to get around the DD laws with their import german shepherds - no Sch/IPO no proof of bitework on australian paperwork. What an absolute crock. Faith in the ANKC dropping.

Ahhhhh .... I was wondering about this and why they'd then remove the title from their records.

That is really shifty, if this is part of their motivation.

Edited by Erny

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course its shifty. You watch, the next step is they will want all mention of schutzhund to just magically *poof* into the air, yet they will still want their SV papered bloodstock from Germany and other countries who also use Sch.

Remember this will also go for KVNP, ringsport etc they want all mention of bitework off not just schutzhund if I read it correctly. So all our working line malinois will simply be plain old untitled animals according to the ANKC paperwork.

5ft-poly-sandbox-4corners.jpg

seems like the ANKC want one of these for christmas. We'll be sure to make it big enough to fit everyones head in it.

Didnt imported GSDs have an exemption???

Previous Thread about exemption

I know - but then the fact that these dogs had those titles and exemptions perhaps leant some strength to the Schutzhund argument for Schutzhund to be recognised? I don't know - but one could guess and it was something I thought at the time I found out that they had been granted exemption.

Perhaps it is a cynical view. But there's so much skulduggery that goes on in government and what seems to be 'deals' between government and super-orgs, that's it is very difficult to be otherwise. I wish I didn't feel this way and saw the world and all who were in it as wonderful all the time.

Edited by Erny

So very sad to hear this :laugh:

Considering the work and dedication that goes Into these titles...... seems unfair to say the least

Just wondering if all other countries recognize and publish all titles gained in Aust, and do these titles appear on the dogs “new” pedigree papers when issued.

It's somewhat stupid, really.

Do ANKC think that by not noting it, it never happened? And that's their way of getting around supporting the dogs and pretending they don't have the "attack" ;) :laugh: :laugh: titles?

Surely they wouldn't think we'd not see through that camouflage though. Although perhaps it doesn't matter to them what WE see through or not. Perhaps it only matters to them what they can and can't argue to and with authorities. :rofl:

Considering the work and dedication that goes Into these titles...... seems unfair to say the least

Just wondering if all other countries recognize and publish all titles gained in Aust, and do these titles appear on the dogs “new” pedigree papers when issued.

Don't know the answer to that, Pam. Good question.

America doesn't reconise titles outside of the US.

If i sent my Grand CH dog to the US it goes over as a non titled dog i do not now about dog sport titles but imagine it would be the same

The UK will now only recognise for showing, the title won in the home country of the dog (ie champion, not grand champ) and International title. There are many and various titles it won't now add to a dogs record when imported or shown in a different country.

So very sad to hear this :)

Just wondering if all other countries recognize and publish all titles gained in Aust, and do these titles appear on the dogs "new" pedigree papers when issued.

I really don't know, but aren't most working dog titles Internationally recognizable and are on the dogs pedigree papers regardless of where the dog was born and Is residing In now :laugh: I think their titles should follow the dog wherever It goes IMO To wipe them off as If they never existed Is just a real shame and not acknowledging the dogs achievments so to speak.

Those who currently have these titles have word bloody hard to gain them. I feel sorry for them, its unjust.

Absolutely agree

This appeared in the "DogNews Australia" magazine March I think. Interesting.

Now the ANKC a member of FCI is removing the Titles from the paper work of imports etc

Cheers

http://www.dognewsaustralia.com.au/

KEEPING PEACE WITH FCI

Embargo lifted on Schutzhund

While the ANKC fell short of giving official approval to the Australian United

Sportdog Clubs (AUSC) for Schutzhund events, it has effectively removed a

virtual embargo that had been placed on the activity in 1995.

In 1995 the Australian National Kennel Council (ANKC) resolved that; "ANKC will

not take responsibility for the management nor control of Schutzhund in

Australia. Also the ANKC will not recognise any Schutzhund titles awarded in

Australia or to any dog awarded a title resident in Australia. No Member Body of

the ANKC shall recognise or approve Schutzhund training activity or conduct

Schutzhund Trial competition and any member taking part risks disqualification.

ANKC Member Bodies consider Schutzhund training is not in the best interests of

their activities."

That resolution was removed in 2008 when an application was made to the ANKC to

recognise and sanction IPO (Schutzhund) events by Mr Maurice Della Costa, Vice

President of the AUSC of Australia, the organisation that governs the practice

in this country.

There are 5 breeds now being exhibited in Australia that come under FCI breed

standards which require a Schutzhund title before they can achieve full FCI

Championship status.

I'm sure Australia recognises o/s show titles though? I'm sure that when I look through the dog profiles on DOL that it is noted if they are a US/Can/NZ Ch etc?

Those are put up by there owners so technically you could add any title whether recognized here or not

"Perhaps it is a cynical view. But there's so much skulduggery that goes on in government and what seems to be 'deals' between government and super-orgs, that's it is very difficult to be otherwise. I wish I didn't feel this way and saw the world and all who were in it as wonderful all the time. "

The thing is people...its happened.....so what are we all going to do about it? What can we do about it?

:)

Edited by Tapferhund

eh? All Sch titles have a bitework component except the preliminary BH test. Hence why ANKC wants to strip all Sch titles off dogs, even Sch1 proves it has done some bitework. Dont have it on paper, cant prove anything to my council ranger who wants you to obide by Victorian law for your new expensive import.

What shits me even more is that the reason that the ANKC gave for removing SchH titles was that they THINK it is a form a 'attack training'. What they fail to recognise is that the international breed survey also has a protection element to it so what are they going to do about that I wonder???

Dogs imported with breed surveys should have their breed survey title removed as well.

Edited by Yesmaam