Finding A Dog Walker

Novjan

Hello,

We will need the services of a dog walker a couple of times a week to walk our two active Springers.

I work from home most of the time and I am usually out of the house for no more that 4 or 5 hours at a time, mostly I am in my office sat at my computer with the girls at my feet or running around the yard outside my window. They get a short walk first thing with hubby and another short walk (20-30 min) and/or a play session at lunch time and then we walk them separatley for 30-40 min in the eve usually before dinner.

But my job role has been changed recently and I will be having at least one day a week when I am out for the full day. So I want to make sure that the girls do not suffer from lack of exercise or bordom, even though they have each other.

Does anyone have any recommendations for reliable walkers in the Western suburbs, Sunshine/Deer park area.

What should I look for?? is it reasonable to ask for a Police check? references? how do I know if a reference is real??

The walker will have access to our garage and possibly the whole house, this makes me a little nervous but there is no other way that they would be able to get the dogs and take them for a walk while I am out.

thanks

Karen :laugh:

Personally i don't think the dogs are going to suffer missing there midday walk.

I would be more inclined to see how they settle than let some strangers enter the property.

Nearly all the springers i now are happy to be lazy or active happy to adapt to what that day brings

What should I look for?? is it reasonable to ask for a Police check? references? how do I know if a reference is real??

The walker will have access to our garage and possibly the whole house, this makes me a little nervous but there is no other way that they would be able to get the dogs and take them for a walk while I am out.

thanks

Karen :laugh:

yes, ask for these things, a good dog walker will have them all ready for you to look at, ring the person on the reference, if someone wasnt sure about one of my references, i would be more than happy for them to ring the person and talk to them :laugh:

take your time, talk to people, I have been pet sitting for years and never had a problem with accessing people's homes

We offer dog walking and training but not quite that far out- i would contact Nekhbet from this forum and/ or Kelpie i and ask them as they are both out that way and may be able to help.

Yes its reasonable to ask for a police check. Checking to see if references are real- ask to see a couple. I know our testimonials for instance all sound so dramatically different, (with regard to grammar, words used etc) it would be very hard to believe they had all been written by the same person.

Google can be your friend too.