Dog Toys

leopuppy04

Hi Guys,

My kiddies are pretty gentle with their toys and it takes them a long time to rip them or destroy them. Now that I've left home, my poor Zara dog is left with almost none because I took them all for my kiddies :( (Zara is living with my parents :dummy: ).

I also want to get a whole bunch of new toys for my lot too...

I know op shops are a great place to get toys, but all the ones that I've been to don't sell them in 'bags' like I've heard many on here saying they can get... so I must be looking at the wrong ones ;)

anyone got recommendationds?!?!

Just cheapies that I dont' care if they kill, but give the dogs a bit of variety :dummy:

Hi Guys,

My kiddies are pretty gentle with their toys and it takes them a long time to rip them or destroy them. Now that I've left home, my poor Zara dog is left with almost none because I took them all for my kiddies :( (Zara is living with my parents :dummy: ).

I also want to get a whole bunch of new toys for my lot too...

I know op shops are a great place to get toys, but all the ones that I've been to don't sell them in 'bags' like I've heard many on here saying they can get... so I must be looking at the wrong ones ;)

anyone got recommendationds?!?!

Just cheapies that I dont' care if they kill, but give the dogs a bit of variety :dummy:

My dog died possibly from PVC ingestion that most of the cheap dog toys are made of. Baby and toddler toys can not be made from this substance due to the possibility of sucking them. PVC or Vinyl dog toys are directly related to hermangisarcoma (cancer) in dogs as are coloured glazed water bowls. There are proven studies on this. Many countries ban these toys for dogs overseas but Aus is a bit behind in a LOT of things.

Only buy latex, rope etc.

You might have to wait till your salvos/vinnies/samaratins have a sale on kiddies toys!

I got lucky one day with fill a bag for $5 and then another time all toys $1, I got some awesome stuffed toys for the doggies most of which have survived LOL!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

Am only looking for plush toys though as I don't want them having the cheapo vinyl stuff ;)

eta that's why I'm looking for the cheap kids toys and not the doggy toys :(

a lot of the imported kids crap, including bath toys are made from PVC, was just a gentle reminder.

Hi LP,

I'll check out my local op shops for you over the weekend. A bag I bought for $5 a few years ago had a very old teddy in it :laugh: Almost didn't buy the bag because I thought it looked old a yukky. To my surprise he is worth several hundred dollars, maybe more. The dogs aren't allowed him :confused:

I'll put a small bag together here for you LP -I need to do a clean out of kids toys anyway... Annie only plays with them rarely, and they never get ripped apart. She'd much rather play with her tug toy lately.

Just another thing to be aware off....be careful buying cheap kids plush toys for dogs. They use a chemical fire retardant on them, which are also posionous to pets.

Always check the labels first before buying.....if their labels are still readable that is :confused: